Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 09-19-2017, 08:05 AM   #41
LaxCat31

LaxCat31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat81 View Post
When do single game tickets usually go on sale?
Single-game tickets usually go on sale late-October, but with less than 1,000 season tickets remaining and the selling of mini-plans, they are not guaranteed.
LaxCat31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:12 AM   #42
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Does anyone know how much we pay for buy games vs other major teams? If we aren't paying the necessary dollars then we would be forced to offer something like a home and away which defeats the buy game purpose. Perhaps a home, home, away (for less buy dollars) would be a decent option but still not ideal.

If we don't pay the necessary dollars and we don't want to offer the return away game it's a tough job on the scheduler. I would imagine we know how to game the RPI but maybe the brass isn't willing to. How else can we explain it? I can't imagine the answer is stupidity or ignorance.
We have been a low budget program for a while now from everything like private jets to buy games. We just were able to get a new arena after years of complaining. Perhaps the buy game budget has been limited by trying to raise the dollars for the arena. Maybe we had to forgo jets and buy game budget to get the arena.

I wish we could get a private jet, completely new arena and pay top dollar for buy games but this just is not the situation we are in. I would think buy games would be a drop in the bucket compared to arenas and jets but I don't know really.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:12 AM   #43
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
We have been a low budget program for a while now from everything like private jets to buy games. We just were able to get a new arena after years of complaining. Perhaps the buy game budget has been limited by trying to raise the dollars for the arena. Maybe we had to forgo jets and buy game budget to get the arena.

I wish we could get a private jet, completely new arena and pay top dollar for buy games but this just is not the situation we are in. I would think buy games would be a drop in the bucket compared to arenas and jets but I don't know really.
It just seems that UC has valued Football much more than basketball (I understand why, i just hate it). I would guess that our Basketball budget is maybe 25% of what Xavier's is.. And time will time how UC treats the new arena. Do we build it and then let is grow stagnant for years until its finally junk or do we do what Xavier has done and constantly improve on it and keep it state of the art? I really hope we don't neglect this new space.

I thought UC did a damn good job of opening the wallet for the buy games on last years schedule. Like I said, I just hope this is a blip and we return to scheduling better buy games.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote