Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-23-2015, 07:31 PM   #1
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Radio Show

I like Mick talking about how good of passers Jenifer and Evans are. Mick specifically talking about that in the discussion about pushing it up the floor to Shaq is music to my ears.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:34 PM   #2
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Loved hearing that it is his "pet peeve" when we don't push the ball down the floor.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:20 PM   #3
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Haven't listened yet, but Mick is on this podcast this week.

http://www1.play.it/audio/cbs-local-...jon-rothstein/
Old 03-02-2015, 02:20 PM   #4
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Haven't listened yet, but Mick is on this podcast this week.

http://www1.play.it/audio/cbs-local-...jon-rothstein/
He went into extensive detail on the problems in college basketball today. I thought it was spot on.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:22 PM   #5
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
He went into extensive detail on the problems in college basketball today. I thought it was spot on.
Agree - Mick always has insightful things to say. Would make an excellent analyst for in game or studio. Would be great on a rules board or NCAA committee etc. Guy knows basketball in and out.
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:34 PM   #6
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskenyon4 View Post
Agree - Mick always has insightful things to say. Would make an excellent analyst for in game or studio. Would be great on a rules board or NCAA committee etc. Guy knows basketball in and out.
Yes, he has been very vocal about coaches needing to spend more time with players in the off season. I go back and forth on the summer league thing, but I agree with Mick on that. It's bad pickup basketball. Our guys would benefit much more from team activities with the structure that the coaching staff provides. That would be the biggest difference maker in the overall product. Mick really does have a good eye for how good the players at this level are.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:41 PM   #7
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Quote:
Yes, he has been very vocal about coaches needing to spend more time with players in the off season. I go back and forth on the summer league thing, but I agree with Mick on that. It's bad pickup basketball. Our guys would benefit much more from team activities with the structure that the coaching staff provides. That would be the biggest difference maker in the overall product. Mick really does have a good eye for how good the players at this level are.
Agreed. There is no college basketball in Europe and look how skilled their players are. They have basketball academies separate from schools and don't try to hide behind the farce "student athlete" label! With that being said, I do love college basketball and want to see it improved.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:29 PM   #8
CanadianBearcat

CanadianBearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskenyon4 View Post
Its funny in Mick's first two years whenever we didn't make any postseason games he came up and was a analyst for TheScore which is one of the big Canadian sports companies and he was fantastic. I was really only early on as a Cincy fan and he really did a great job of representing UC.
CanadianBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:53 PM   #9
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Mick sounded like he isn't coming back this year. He said something along the lines of "Next year I'll be back with more energy than ever." Anyone else catch that? On his radio show in the past though, he has said he'd come back if cleared...so I guess who really knows?
Old 03-02-2015, 03:55 PM   #10
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Mick sounded like he isn't coming back this year. He said something along the lines of "Next year I'll be back with more energy than ever." Anyone else catch that?
Yes - and not surprising. Why put so much effort in getting healthy, with 4 months of 'less stress' staring you in the eye just to coach the most stressful game or two possible in a year?

He did seem optimistic about next years squad, I think he has high hopes like last year's squad. Really believes in his new guys and knows we return 95% of production.
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote