Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-02-2015, 08:34 AM   #1
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Tulsa

Tulsa is 21-7 overall and 14-2 (1st place) in the conference. They have won 4 straight since losing back to back against SMU and UConn. Their last game was an OT win at Memphis. Despite the good conference record, they have had a few close calls. They went to OT with South Florida, and only beat ECU and UCF by 2. Their 2 home losses this year have come against SE Oklahoma State and SMU. We need to have a business like approach in this one and we need to play like men. Our season could depend on it. I'm guessing that we will be +4.

UC 66
Tulsa 61

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 03-02-2015 at 09:08 AM.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:43 AM   #2
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Love how the Bearcats are playing right now. I think UC will win this game. Got to keep feeding the post.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:01 AM   #3
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Depending on where you look, I've seen us as last 4 in and them as last 4 out. If we lose, that could flip flop. This will be a really tough game to come away with a victory, but it must happen. Hope the new Shaq and new KJ show up big and it would really be nice to see Cobb have one of those games where he goes off. He's due for one. Not making a game prediction, but hoping really hard for a win.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:52 AM   #4
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
We've played very well lately, and while Tulsa is a good team, I still feel they're a bit of a fraud. I think we'll be ready and amped.

UC 62
Tulsa 55
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:26 PM   #5
Doogle

Doogle will become famous soon enough
The 'Cats need to make a statement. I believe they will.

UC 67
TU 57
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:32 PM   #6
CanadianBearcat

CanadianBearcat is on a distinguished road
I cannot believe this game is on CBSSN, yet another game where I'm gonna have to wait until half time for a stream to come up. So frustrated, one of the biggest games of the year and I can't enjoy the whole game
CanadianBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:41 PM   #7
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Cats have been on a nice mini run. Really need the turn around of KJ and Shaq to continue. Two small things I have seen in both players that I take hope in.

KJ has been stong from the arc. What I really liked about last game was his dribble drive into lane and short pull up. When their bigs have to help defend, our offensive rebounding gets much better. If he can do that more often he will be the player we all hoped for.

Shaq needs to continue to get to the rim and convert or draw fouls. When he draws contact he is a whole different player. When he avoids contact and misses the circus shot it is same as turn over.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:55 PM   #8
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Cats have been on a nice mini run. Really need the turn around of KJ and Shaq to continue. Two small things I have seen in both players that I take hope in.

KJ has been stong from the arc. What I really liked about last game was his dribble drive into lane and short pull up. When their bigs have to help defend, our offensive rebounding gets much better. If he can do that more often he will be the player we all hoped for.

Shaq needs to continue to get to the rim and convert or draw fouls. When he draws contact he is a whole different player. When he avoids contact and misses the circus shot it is same as turn over.
Very good looking pull up by KJ. And a nasty finish at the rim for Shaq. I agree with your take on both of these guys.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:00 PM   #9
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBearcat View Post
I cannot believe this game is on CBSSN, yet another game where I'm gonna have to wait until half time for a stream to come up. So frustrated, one of the biggest games of the year and I can't enjoy the whole game
We are on the same page. At least the Memphis game is on the actual CBS on Sunday with no other games for competition.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:40 PM   #10
handwaver

handwaver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
We've played very well lately, and while Tulsa is a good team, I still feel they're a bit of a fraud. I think we'll be ready and amped.

UC 62
Tulsa 55
They've been good in crunch time - unlike UC
Where we managed to lose by 2, 1 , 2 they have won those kinds of games.

As I posted in another thread, the Cats are just a few buckets, or turnovers away from being 24-5, 13-3 in AAC.
They just need to be tough & have someone man up at the end - doesn't have to be a senior (hear me Clark, Caupain)?
handwaver is offline   Reply With Quote