Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What seed will UC get?
1-2 9 14.52%
3 27 43.55%
4 15 24.19%
5 9 14.52%
6 2 3.23%
7 or worse 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2018, 12:08 PM   #391
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
soooo....MSU?
If I had to pick. MSU or UVA. And then my heart says MSU because of their 2000 title. And the whole sexual assault thing.
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:12 PM   #392
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskenyon4 View Post
If I had to pick. MSU or UVA. And then my heart says MSU because of their 2000 title. And the whole sexual assault thing.
So you are thinking distraction with MSU. I get that...I can agree there.

Purdue scares me...Jesus have you seen the bigs on that team? I think one of them won "Rocky 4".

Last edited by waterhead; 02-15-2018 at 12:14 PM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:15 PM   #393
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So you are thinking distraction with MSU. I get that...I can agree there.

Purdue scares me...Jesus have you seen the bigs on that team? I think one of them won "Rocky 3".
Tonight will tell me a lot more, but Houston plays small ball, gave us fits for 20 minutes. Tonight we'll see but, the other top 3 seed who plays small ball is Auburn. Something to monitor. May rather play Kansas/MSU/Texas Tech/Clemson instead..

Historically, SMU plays small ball in the AAC, and we've done awful except for at home against them. I don't think Auburn is THAT good, but poses an issue for us.
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:06 AM   #394
waterhead
Senior Moderator

I would imagine we are on the 4 seed line right now give or take 1 depending on how things play out. If we win out I could maybe see us getting a 3 but not sure. If we win the next 3 but lose the last one I could see us getting a 4 or a 5 seed. I think WSU gets the protected seed if we lose to them again. Not sure if they will give the AAC 2 protected seeds. If we lose another game we may have to win the tourney to get a 4.

The only saving grace is that we were an early pick for a 2 seed and the committee may rather keep us in the top 16 to look like they got it right. It also depends on how other teams perform around us.

If we win the next 3 there is going to be a HUGE amount of things riding on that last game obviously. I just hope right now we can get to that last game without slipping up. We are huge favorites in all of them...but I hope our psyche is not too damaged. I think we should be fine in the next 3 though.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:39 PM   #395
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I would imagine we are on the 4 seed line right now give or take 1 depending on how things play out. If we win out I could maybe see us getting a 3 but not sure. If we win the next 3 but lose the last one I could see us getting a 4 or a 5 seed. I think WSU gets the protected seed if we lose to them again. Not sure if they will give the AAC 2 protected seeds. If we lose another game we may have to win the tourney to get a 4.

The only saving grace is that we were an early pick for a 2 seed and the committee may rather keep us in the top 16 to look like they got it right. It also depends on how other teams perform around us.

If we win the next 3 there is going to be a HUGE amount of things riding on that last game obviously. I just hope right now we can get to that last game without slipping up. We are huge favorites in all of them...but I hope our psyche is not too damaged. I think we should be fine in the next 3 though.
You talking winning out regular season? Or regular and AAC tournament. We do the latter and we are a 2
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:24 PM   #396
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
You talking winning out regular season? Or regular and AAC tournament. We do the latter and we are a 2
I was assuming a bit more of a dip from bracket matrix. It took us forever to get any credit. I figured two games in a row in our conference no matter how good the teams were... would drop us to a 4.

Maybe you're right...who knows.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:57 AM   #397
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Take a look at the 4 seeds. We still have more Group 1 wins than three of them. We're tied with West Virginia, who has 8 losses. We're still a step above all of them as of right now. The top 16 got hammered last week.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:16 AM   #398
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Take a look at the 4 seeds. We still have more Group 1 wins than three of them. We're tied with West Virginia, who has 8 losses. We're still a step above all of them as of right now. The top 16 got hammered last week.
I know the quantity is there. We just don't have the top end wins.

I guess our home win against Houston became top end by virtue of losing to them we bumped them up into top 25...which is both good and bad. Houston is really starting to gel and so is WSU. We have to keep improving...and we can't do that by doing the same things.

We have three games to tinker around a little bit. If we don't make some changes...I will assume we are going with status quo into March.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:52 AM   #399
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I know the quantity is there. We just don't have the top end wins.

I guess our home win against Houston became top end by virtue of losing to them we bumped them up into top 25...which is both good and bad. Houston is really starting to gel and so is WSU. We have to keep improving...and we can't do that by doing the same things.

We have three games to tinker around a little bit. If we don't make some changes...I will assume we are going with status quo into March.
Okay, but none of that has to do with our seed right now. Our resume is in line with the other 3 seeds. We don't have a top 10 win, but we are better than the 4 seeds in pretty much every other area.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:10 PM   #400
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Okay, but none of that has to do with our seed right now. Our resume is in line with the other 3 seeds. We don't have a top 10 win, but we are better than the 4 seeds in pretty much every other area.
That's great. I am not doubting that. What I am doubting is our ability to win the biggest games...the one's we will have to win in March....which we haven't done yet.

I am not even doubting this from a talent or player standpoint. I am doubting this from a coaching standpoint at the moment. Can we run on offense which can beat great teams? I have serious doubts...and that is not from a talent standpoint.