Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2010, 06:21 AM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'11 VA OT Jay Whitmire (Virginia Verbal)

Offensive Tackle
Alexandria, VA (TC Williams)

Ht:6'6"
Wt:287 lbs
40:5.1 secs
GPA:3.9

Very athletic for a big guy. He plays three sports, and lines up as a slot receiver on his summer football team. Incredible.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:22 AM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Offered by UC, Pitt, ND, UConn, WV, Rutgers, UNC, BC, NC State, MD, Duke, Virginia

Interest from PSU, VT.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:26 AM   #3
swg
Epic Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...061703188.html
Old 04-06-2010, 06:53 AM   #4
swg
Epic Member

Jay is now listed by Rivals as having an ND offer. He is on the Rivals 250 Watch List and has offers from Boston College, Cincinnati, UConn, Duke, Maryland, North Carolina, NC State, Pitt, Rutgers, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Whitmire is claiming no favorites but does seem to be waiting on a written PSU offer. He recently visited UNC, NC State, and Duke, and although he is claiming an Irish offer did not indicate that he had any plans to visit South Bend.

http://www.goldhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=20439
Old 04-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #5
swg
Epic Member

He did receive a written offer from ND.

He has visited Pitt, and looking to visit VT and ND in the future.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:13 PM   #6
swg
Epic Member

http://www.testudotimes.com/pages/20...iting-database

Notes: Whitmire's the type of big-but-not-too-big guy Maryland's been looking for in its offensive linemen. They've fully made that transition, so getting an athletic, well-built guy like Whitmire should be a priority. He's probably a top 200 type of guy, and one of the better prospects in a very good Virginia class.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:36 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

Was recently at the Virginia spring game, and will visit PSU for theirs.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:04 PM   #8
swg
Epic Member

Per ISD..................

Quote:
"I have a couple schools I'm favoring, but I'm still trying to do some more visits this spring," Whitmire stated. "I know it's kind of getting late, but I just want to try and see some schools this summer, and then I'll be closer to making a decision. Maybe I'll name favorites once I'm able to visit a couple more places. That way I'll have the most information I can have when I name them." Whitmire has already been to Virginia, North Carolina, Duke, North Carolina State, West Virginia, Maryland and Penn State. Notre Dame and Boston figure to be in line for visits as well. He also shared his key decision factors, "Definitely a place with really good academics, where if I got a degree from there, that can help me out after I graduate. A good position coach that I'll like, and will make me a real good player. Just a cool nice atmosphere."
Old 04-21-2010, 02:25 PM   #9
swg
Epic Member

Definitely on the list to attend the PSU blue/white game.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:50 AM   #10
swg
Epic Member

Offensive tackle Jay Whitmire (Alexandria, Va./T.C. Williams) is now in possession of double-digit scholarships, ESPN affiliate Web site IrishSportsDaily.com reports.

Notre Dame, Boston College, Cincinnati, Duke, Maryland, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, West Virginia, Virginia and Pittsburgh among others have offered.

"I have a couple schools I'm favoring, but I'm still trying to do some more visits this spring," Whitmire stated. "I know it's kind of getting late, but I just want to try and see some schools this summer, and then I'll be closer to making a decision. Maybe I'll name favorites once I'm able to visit a couple more places. That way I'll have the most information I can have when I name them."

Whitmire has already been to Virginia, North Carolina, Duke, North Carolina State, West Virginia, Maryland and Penn State. Notre Dame and Boston figure to be in line for visits as well.

He also shared his key decision factors, "Definitely a place with really good academics, where if I got a degree from there, that can help me out after I graduate. A good position coach that I'll like, and will make me a real good player. Just a cool nice atmosphere."

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recru...choolId%3d2132