Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 05-26-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'11 FL DE Anthony Rabasa (Offer)

Defensive End
Miami, FL (Columbus)

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 220 lbs.
Forty:
Bench Max:
Squat Max:
Shuttle:
Vertical: 29 in.
GPA:
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Old 05-26-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

Offered by UC and everyone else.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:13 PM   #4
swg
Epic Member

From Feb...

http://www.soflafootball.com/feature...ered-by-fsu-um
Quote:
Columbus defensive end Anthony Rabasa was sitting on a single offer from FIU for some several months. That all changed in the past couple weeks for the 6-foot-3 pass rusher, as Rabasa landed a pair of impressive in-state offers.
“I have recent offers from Miami and Florida State,” said Rabasa.
The 2011 prospect talked about the offer from the Seminoles first.
“It came in the mail today, but I found out about it two weeks ago,” explained Rabasa. “It’s a very exciting offer, something I’ve been looking forward to since I was a little kid. I just want to move on and keep working hard because my high school career isn’t over, so I have to build off of that.

“The opportunity to go to FSU is very exciting. Being a UM fan, I don’t know if you already know, but having a rivalry school offer a scholarship to go play for them is obviously a big thing. It’s pretty cool that I have them wanting me over there.”
Rabasa will be in Tallahassee shortly to visit the campus and meet the coaches, as well as a visit the third member of Florida’s Big 3.
“I’m probably going up (to FSU) February 27 for Junior Day, and I’m going to Florida’s this weekend.”

Rabasa talked about landing an offer from the hometown Hurricanes, a team he admittedly rooted for as a child, and affect it has on his family.
“Miami’s offer I got it last week. My recruiting coach, Paul Gonnella, we were talking over Facebook and we ended up talking over the phone. I guess they love me down there and they are going to offer me a full scholarship and it should be at my house in a week or two.

“Obviously, that’s the biggest offer, the most exciting one. Coming from Miami and growing up a Canes fan, it’s the biggest impact on my family and friends, everyone wants me to go play for Miami. That’s the coolest thing. Now I have the opportunity to actually go to this school and play football for them is another big thing for me.”
While the Hurricanes do not have any designated Junior Days like many schools, they do plan to get Rabasa on campus soon.

“They have their spring practices coming up, and they want me down there, so I’ll probably go to a few of their practices,” said Rabasa.
Along with his offers from FIU, FSU, and UM, Rabasa is receiving interest from Florida, Rutgers, Michigan, UCLA, and Cincinnati. Rabasa stated that each of those schools are looking at him as a defensive end in their scheme.

Even though it is early in Rabasa’s recruitment, the defensive end already has a timeline in place as to when he would like to make his college choice known. He also is attempting to enroll in classes at the school of his choice in January of 2011.
“I plan on making a decision probably between July and August before my senior season starts. So I’ll probably find out by then where I want to go. I just want to play my senior season knowing where I want to go and not have to worry about making that decision as my season is going on.

“I just want to know where I’m going as soon as my football season is over and hopefully I can enroll early, we will just have to see about that.”
Rabasa is also fully entrenched in his offseason workout regime, where he looks to continue to add to his speed and quickness.

“Offseason right now, I’m just getting a lot stronger and putting up a lot of weight. I put up 15-pounds already to 235. Then building my speed and quickness off the line again, just getting faster every year that goes by.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:14 PM   #5
swg
Epic Member

Also from Feb...

http://elitescoutingservices.com/new...ddle-columbus/

Quote:
Anthony Rabassa- With as important as pass rushers are in college football, Rabassa will draw plenty of interest from college coaches from across the country. He can play either linebacker or defensive end in college. Rabassa is a 6′3, 215-220 pound out-side linebacker/defensive end. He comes off the ball quickly and gets to the quarterback before most linemen can lay a hand on him. His ability to put pressure on the quarterback is going too big for him. There are not enough pass rushers to go around. Rabassa strength is getting to the quarterback. If you single block Rabassa the odds are he will get the best of that offensive tackle. His ability to get into the backfield quickly also makes him tough against the run. He does a good job of redirecting if facing a back or receiver in space. Rabassa is a prospect to keep an eye on as his stock should continue to rise. (http://columbus.elitescoutingservice...nyrabassa.html)
Old 05-26-2010, 02:14 PM   #6
swg
Epic Member

Old 05-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

ND and the state of Florida are going to be tough to beat. This may be an offer in vain, but I like how aggressive BJ is.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:43 PM   #8
Little Danny

Little Danny will become famous soon enough
Not exactly sure how aggressive he is, but Jones has had a lot of succes recruiting Florida in his career. He has family ties there and he did spend some time as an assistant with the Tampa Bay Bucs. He recruited Florida when he was an assistant at WVU and brought in a lot of guys from Florida to CMU. I suspect he will be very beneficial getting talent from the Sunshine State to UC.
Little Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:05 PM   #9
swg
Epic Member

Going after top recruits and not taking a back seat to anyone would fall into the category of aggressive, at least in my book. He's not waiting to get noticed from the teams play on the field.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:40 AM   #10
swg
Epic Member

Top 6 are FSU, Miami, Florida, ND, UCLA, LSU. Moving to the archives.