Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-27-2017, 10:53 AM   #381
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
I can't believe they are keeping the scoreboard.
The ones on the side or the large scoreboard in the middle? Aren't they all old as hell.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:21 AM   #382
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
The ones on the side or the large scoreboard in the middle? Aren't they all old as hell.
In the middle.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:34 AM   #383
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I'd imagine they're just keeping the shell of it and upgrading the screens and such.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:35 AM   #384
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Just a guess, but they're probably just leaving it in for now, then adding a new, big one a few years after it's open. Kind of like how Nippert is getting a new scoreboard soon.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:54 PM   #385
UCalum08
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Just a guess, but they're probably just leaving it in for now, then adding a new, big one a few years after it's open. Kind of like how Nippert is getting a new scoreboard soon.
Thats a good point. Kinda like making it a separate fundraising project?
Old 04-27-2017, 01:44 PM   #386
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
I vaguely remember checking a UC site that state exactly what was all being upgraded after saying on here I hope the video board/ sound system is upgraded. The site said that, yes, both will be upgraded. I'll try and find it.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:46 PM   #387
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
I vaguely remember checking a UC site that state exactly what was all being upgraded after saying on here I hope the video board/ sound system is upgraded. The site said that, yes, both will be upgraded. I'll try and find it.
Okay, that was easy....here's the site: http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-b...102716aaa.html

You can see, "New HD scoreboard, ribbon boards, sound system & LED lighting to enhance game experience," listed on there.

I'd imagine it's covered in this $87 million renov now, and not separate like Nippert's is. But, I am not sure.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:51 PM   #388
UCalum08
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
Okay, that was easy....here's the site: http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-b...102716aaa.html

You can see, "New HD scoreboard, ribbon boards, sound system & LED lighting to enhance game experience," listed on there.

I'd imagine it's covered in this $87 million renov now, and not separate like Nippert's is. But, I am not sure.
I remember this article but I have heard from some that as the project is taking shape there might not be enough money for it. One was a UCATS rep but not sure if he truly knew. I hope we get new..
Old 04-28-2017, 09:39 AM   #389
Culvercc

Culvercc is on a distinguished road
I have spoke with several people involved in the Athletic Communications department, and the only reason the main scoreboard remains in the arena is for caution. It is being saved "just in case" something unexpected were to happen that would cause money to be pulled from the scoreboard funding. The video board and ribbon boards are included in the budget and are planned, but you can't blame them for planning for the worst. Regardless, we will have new video and ribbon boards at some point.
Culvercc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:31 PM   #390
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culvercc View Post
I have spoke with several people involved in the Athletic Communications department, and the only reason the main scoreboard remains in the arena is for caution. It is being saved "just in case" something unexpected were to happen that would cause money to be pulled from the scoreboard funding. The video board and ribbon boards are included in the budget and are planned, but you can't blame them for planning for the worst. Regardless, we will have new video and ribbon boards at some point.
Man, that ugly video board hanging above a newly renovated arena would look terrible. I hope everyone goes as planned!