Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-15-2018, 06:25 PM   #91
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
@GoBearcatsMBB
🚨 Set your DVRs 🚨

Catch @CBSSportsNet's Men of March, featuring a behind-the-scenes look at the #Bearcats @CoachCroninUC tomorrow night at 11:30pm.

Click 👇 for more details. https://t.co/g3jrBG9co5
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:13 PM   #92
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Love to see guys like Gary represent our school.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:24 AM   #93
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
The Players lounge with Gary "the problem" Clark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpwNlWwQzBE
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:53 AM   #94
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
The Players lounge with Gary "the problem" Clark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpwNlWwQzBE
One of my favorite nicknames of all time at UC! Cronin probably had no idea what he was creating when he said Gary Clark is "a problem". But Gary is not only a problem he is THE PROBLEM!! Mean face was one of my other favorites and we all loved Jackson...lol!

One of the other nicknames that came up recently is the "Dynamic Duo". Between Gary and Jacob it's hard to figure out who is most valuable...but it kind of does each of them a disservice to try and decide between the two.

There isn't another player on the roster who can be put in this category overall. They score, rebound, defend, assist etc. Cumberland is so solid but not elite on D and inconsistent on O...but he's probably the next best IMO.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 07:35 PM   #95
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Chad did a player introduction with Trevor

https://youtu.be/fqo6llhxliw
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:02 AM   #96
waterhead
Senior Moderator

I would like to give a shout out to our very own MVP here at Bearcat Talk. A lot has been said about the increasing amount of content out there on our team. Podcasts, videos, coach shows, tweets, pressers, etc etc etc.

Jacob has done an amazing job of keeping us all in the loop by not only finding the media...but also posting links for us all to easily stay on top. I appreciate virtually every clickable link I can check out.

"Oh...Doyle Rules"

I also appreciate the content that other members can point us to or the research being done. I watched the latest presser from Mick and he is now talking about our Kenpom D rank in a way that makes me think someone has made him aware of some research that has been done on this site. I could be wrong...it's public knowledge for anyone who wanted to do the leg work. I don't recall EVER hearing him talk about our historical Kenpom D rank in the past...and I don't recall seeing a breakdown about how our D ranks in the last decade plus until it was posted on this site.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:31 AM   #97
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I would like to give a shout out to our very own MVP here at Bearcat Talk. A lot has been said about the increasing amount of content out there on our team. Podcasts, videos, coach shows, tweets, pressers, etc etc etc.

Jacob has done an amazing job of keeping us all in the loop by not only finding the media...but also posting links for us all to easily stay on top. I appreciate virtually every clickable link I can check out.

"Oh...Doyle Rules"

I also appreciate the content that other members can point us to or the research being done. I watched the latest presser from Mick and he is now talking about our Kenpom D rank in a way that makes me think someone has made him aware of some research that has been done on this site. I could be wrong...it's public knowledge for anyone who wanted to do the leg work. I don't recall EVER hearing him talk about our historical Kenpom D rank in the past...and I don't recall seeing a breakdown about how our D ranks in the last decade plus until it was posted on this site.
Sometimes I wonder if this site is a microcosm of general fan attitudes or if we help shape some of those attitudes here. I highly doubt there are fans talking at the water cooler in as much depth as we get into certain stats and talking points here. I am not sure the shared knowledge in the general fan base has a way to make it's rounds by word of mouth.

I honestly feel like this site, is at the very least, somewhat influential on the entire fan base. At least the die hards. When I was going to UC as a student...we just went to games and hoped we won. We did not check out any advanced stats other than things like points, rebounds, and because of the nature of our D over the years we tracked blocks with Kenyon, Bount, LIttle, HIcks etc. We weren't looking at turnovers, assists, PER, per 40 minutes stuff, Ortg, Win shares, yada yada yada.

All we had was the newspaper and we had to wait until it came out to look at stats. We read the NewsRecord and other local papers for articles. We were lucky if we had a nice article in SI or saw a replay on ESPN. I have been to other fan boards and I have not seen anywhere near the statistical breakdowns being done on this particular site.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:43 PM   #98
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post

"Oh...Doyle Rules"

I appreciate that man but like you said I think the thing makes this site great is the range of knowledge from our members. The folks in the Bracketology thread crunch numbers that make my head spin. I could never offer that. And we have a ton of people in the game threads who break down opponents, talk scouting and gameplanning, and offer different degrees of experience to the conversation. It all goes into it. I feel like this has been the best year on this site since I have been around. It's a blast to have a place like this where we can just all nerd out on our favorite team. We can go as deep as we want into any topic and there are people there ready to read along and contribute to the conversation post for post. Pretty cool.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 01:00 PM   #99
Defense first

Defense first is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I appreciate that man but like you said I think the thing makes this site great is the range of knowledge from our members. The folks in the Bracketology thread crunch numbers that make my head spin. I could never offer that. And we have a ton of people in the game threads who break down opponents, talk scouting and gameplanning, and offer different degrees of experience to the conversation. It all goes into it. I feel like this has been the best year on this site since I have been around. It's a blast to have a place like this where we can just all nerd out on our favorite team. We can go as deep as we want into any topic and there are people there ready to read along and contribute to the conversation post for post. Pretty cool.
Agreed, the best place to talk bearcat basketball. Look forward every day to reading and posting. Love this site and all you fellas. Regardless if you know your shit or not. Would love for all of us to get together for a game. Think that would be neat.
Defense first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 01:09 PM   #100
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I have looked around. I don't think there is a better free site on the web. Not even close. I am not even sure there is a better pay site to be honest. And that is not to discredit what the other sites offer. I am glad we can coexist without too much controversy.