Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What seed will UC get this year in the Tournament?
1-4 24 38.71%
5-8 35 56.45%
9-16 3 4.84%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2017, 10:34 AM   #2721
Union Bearcat

Union Bearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
The stat I had heard was that KenPom started in 2002 and every NC has been Top 40 in AdjO and AdjD.
We have 9 games left to get inside the top 40!
Union Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:26 AM   #2722
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
#15 in the new AP. SMU is 12. If the winner of our tourney is either UC or SMU I would think the result could be top 12 for either team. If we can crack top 12 if they drop us a seed line we are a top 4 seed.

SMU is ahead of us so that would be 1 team down. We could have moved past Duke this week but we didn't. Maybe if Purdue and Duke gets knocked off early enough we can get there in the AP.

I think it would be hard to pass the rest.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:28 AM   #2723
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
#15 in the new AP. SMU is 12. If the winner of our tourney is either UC or SMU I would think the result could be top 12 for either team. If we can crack top 12 if they drop us a seed line we are a top 4 seed.

SMU is ahead of us so that would be 1 team down. We could have moved past Duke this week but we didn't. Maybe if Purdue and Duke gets knocked off early enough we can get there in the AP.

I think it would be hard to pass the rest.
Of course we could get jumped by another team if they do well enough in a tougher conference like FSU or Florida or Butler for example.

Gotta win though. Anything less and we are a 5 seed.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:07 PM   #2724
waterhead
Senior Moderator

In his last 5 games Cumberland is averaging 25 minutes, 3 rebounds, 2.5 assists, shooting 50% from the floor (while shooting just 22% from 3), he's averaging 10+ PPG, and getting to the FT line.

I like where his game is heading. If he can just make a few of those 3's he's going to be a little more dangerous than he has already become.

I like the idea that we are wearing down the opponents with KJ defense and then bringing him in to close out halves. I also like the idea of bringing in Cumberland for more of Scott's minutes when we can.

This is a development that is likely going to help us in tourney play. I just hope we can get him closer to 30 minutes in games that count moving forward. Things just seem to flow better on offense when he is in the game.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:09 PM   #2725
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
It's so nice to see that offensive turnover %. It had been so bad in the past.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:11 PM   #2726
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
In his last 5 games Cumberland is averaging 25 minutes, 3 rebounds, 2.5 assists, shooting 50% from the floor (while shooting just 22% from 3), he's averaging 10+ PPG, and getting to the FT line.

I like where his game is heading. If he can just make a few of those 3's he's going to be a little more dangerous than he has already become.

I like the idea that we are wearing down the opponents with KJ defense and then bringing him in to close out halves. I also like the idea of bringing in Cumberland for more of Scott's minutes when we can.

This is a development that is likely going to help us in tourney play. I just hope we can get him closer to 30 minutes in games that count moving forward. Things just seem to flow better on offense when he is in the game.
@American_MBB
Cumberland ranked second among @GoBearcatsMBB in scoring last week, averaging 12.5 pts while shooting 62.5 percent (10 of 16) from the field https://t.co/pmyXXcbzEx
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:13 PM   #2727
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:

Cumberland's game is perfect for March. He is such a pain in the a$$ to defend.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:17 PM   #2728
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Cumberland's game is perfect for March. He is such a pain in the a$$ to defend.
just as long as the refs dont call bs charges on him just because of his size. yeah he might destroy a guy, but that guy wasn't there in time, dont bail out the defender (happens more to cumberland than any guy i remember for us).
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:20 PM   #2729
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
just as long as the refs dont call bs charges on him just because of his size. yeah he might destroy a guy, but that guy wasn't there in time, dont bail out the defender (happens more to cumberland than any guy i remember for us).
Yeah that makes me more upset than anything else that happens during UC games. I'm just glad he doesn't let it stop him from being aggressive.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:33 PM   #2730
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Cumberland gets charges because sometimes he just dribbles into the chest of a player. You have to try to get around a player and that player slide into you to draw a blocking call. A defender doesn't have to have his feet set if he's moving with the player and the player runs him over.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote