Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-09-2017, 10:39 AM   #21
UCBearcat4ever

UCBearcat4ever is on a distinguished road
I remember back in January Mick mentioned on one of his shows Michigan State at the Palace of Auburn Hills in December as long as they don't back out, got that though ESPN after complaining to them about being snubbed
UCBearcat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:59 PM   #22
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcat4ever View Post
I remember back in January Mick mentioned on one of his shows Michigan State at the Palace of Auburn Hills in December as long as they don't back out, got that though ESPN after complaining to them about being snubbed
I never heard that one. If that happened it'd be great, they should be top 10. Believe it when I see it though
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 06:06 AM   #23
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Chad (bearcat journal) posted a podcast yesterday about scheduling issues and Wichita state. Pretty good and interesting listen.
The other guy on the podcast suggested something I've wondered for awhile. If the big boys won't play you, why don't all the non P5 teams play each other. If everyone is looking for games, there are plenty of good teams out there to get games
Old 04-10-2017, 07:24 AM   #24
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
The same discussions the same comments were made last year and all season. We know scheduling is an issue. We are all well aware of it. At this point I just want to start hearing some names of teams. Whether we are playing UNC or Albany I just want to know.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:54 AM   #25
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
The same discussions the same comments were made last year and all season. We know scheduling is an issue. We are all well aware of it. At this point I just want to start hearing some names of teams. Whether we are playing UNC or Albany I just want to know.
It was interesting to hear someone that knows maybe more than us, detail the problem and come up with a somewhat solution.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:28 AM   #26
Little Danny

Little Danny will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Chad (bearcat journal) posted a podcast yesterday about scheduling issues and Wichita state. Pretty good and interesting listen.
The other guy on the podcast suggested something I've wondered for awhile. If the big boys won't play you, why don't all the non P5 teams play each other. If everyone is looking for games, there are plenty of good teams out there to get games
The comments made by Chad and Mark Adams in that podcast were definitely on point. There needs to be some sort of alliance/gentlemen's agreement between the higher resource non-P5/Big East basketball schools with regards to scheduling OOC. This way the schools can demonstrate to the NCAA selection committee they have top 50-100 wins. The following schools need to get together and figure this out:

1. UC
2. Memphis
3. UConn
4. Wichita State
5. Dayton
6. VCU
7. Gonzaga
8. St. Mary's
9. San Diego State
10. BYU
11. Colorado State
12. Illinois State
13. Nevada
14. New Mexico State

I'm sure there are a few more.
Little Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:00 AM   #27
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It was interesting to hear someone that knows maybe more than us, detail the problem and come up with a somewhat solution.
IMPOSSIBLE!
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:02 AM   #28
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Danny View Post
The comments made by Chad and Mark Adams in that podcast were definitely on point. There needs to be some sort of alliance/gentlemen's agreement between the higher resource non-P5/Big East basketball schools with regards to scheduling OOC. This way the schools can demonstrate to the NCAA selection committee they have top 50-100 wins. The following schools need to get together and figure this out:

1. UC
2. Memphis
3. UConn
4. Wichita State
5. Dayton
6. VCU
7. Gonzaga
8. St. Mary's
9. San Diego State
10. BYU
11. Colorado State
12. Illinois State
13. Nevada
14. New Mexico State

I'm sure there are a few more.
Why would the Big East be exempt from this?
Old 04-10-2017, 11:11 AM   #29
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Why would the Big East be exempt from this?
They seem to be able to schedule competitive games. Unlike us
Old 04-10-2017, 11:19 AM   #30
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
They seem to be able to schedule competitive games. Unlike us
I don't know all of their non-con schedules off the top of my head. I do know that we have played multiple teams in that conference the past couple years though.