Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-20-2017, 07:44 PM   #121
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat2121 View Post
Does a home and home with a team like WVU or Louisville or even Texas seem far fetched?? I personally wouldn't mind playing any of those 3 teams as they are on the same level as us!! Would help with recruiting too IMO!
Pitino said he doesn't want to play us and Huggins hates cincy so I would bet those won't happen. Texas I have no idea
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:51 PM   #122
Bearcat2121

Bearcat2121 is on a distinguished road
Pitino is such a pussy!! Huggs hates cincy???
Bearcat2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:14 AM   #123
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlegZdid View Post
Texas wishes they were on the same level as us.
And we wish were on the same level as Louisville lol. I get what he was saying and I hope we get to their level.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:48 AM   #124
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
So I just played around with RPI Wizard a little to figure out what our SOS for next year approximately looks like at the moment. I had to use last year's schedule by removing/adding games (it maxes you out at 5 games).

This past year, we had an overall SOS of 63.

I removed:
Rhode Island, Penn St, Iowa St, Butler, and Marshall (our 5 best OOC games, excluding Xavier)

I added:
@ UCLA, Iowa (neutral), vs Miss. St, vs Wichita, @ Wichita.

Our RPI SOS went up from 63 to 52.

Nice little bump there. Keep in mind that it doesn't sound like we're done adding good teams to the schedule, so this should only go up from here. I left on all those bottom-feeders that we played last year in Nov and Dec, and we don't really know if they'll all still be on the schedule.

Add one more good team, and we may bump up to 45 or so. Two more, and we should be in the 30s.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:40 PM   #125
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
So I just played around with RPI Wizard a little to figure out what our SOS for next year approximately looks like at the moment. I had to use last year's schedule by removing/adding games (it maxes you out at 5 games).

This past year, we had an overall SOS of 63.

I removed:
Rhode Island, Penn St, Iowa St, Butler, and Marshall (our 5 best OOC games, excluding Xavier)

I added:
@ UCLA, Iowa (neutral), vs Miss. St, vs Wichita, @ Wichita.

Our RPI SOS went up from 63 to 52.

Nice little bump there. Keep in mind that it doesn't sound like we're done adding good teams to the schedule, so this should only go up from here. I left on all those bottom-feeders that we played last year in Nov and Dec, and we don't really know if they'll all still be on the schedule.

Add one more good team, and we may bump up to 45 or so. Two more, and we should be in the 30s.

Semi with SMU will be as big of a domino to that SOS as I can imagine one player having in a conference. SMU with him, is a similar team, SMU without him is a team 10-30 spots lower.
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:34 AM   #126
TheShoeFits

TheShoeFits will become famous soon enough
A buddy of mine text me this morning that UC and Florida have agreed to play this upcoming season on a neutral floor.

If true this is tremendous news. However I can't seem to find anything on the news. Nothing on twitter or a quick google search.

I text my buddy back trying to get further details but haven't heard back from him. Have any of you guys heard anything about this?
TheShoeFits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:42 AM   #127
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShoeFits View Post
A buddy of mine text me this morning that UC and Florida have agreed to play this upcoming season on a neutral floor.

If true this is tremendous news. However I can't seem to find anything on the news. Nothing on twitter or a quick google search.

I text my buddy back trying to get further details but haven't heard back from him. Have any of you guys heard anything about this?
If that happened it hasn't been made official. That would be all over if it was out there
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:58 AM   #128
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShoeFits View Post

Yes it's true
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 11:23 AM   #129
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
That be awesome please let us know if it's for real
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:05 PM   #130
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Funny how I report something in a premium article last night that no one else is reporting, and today everyone has a buddy that knows about it.. lol
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote