Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

View Poll Results: Will Tuberville be the coach next year?
Yes 7 23.33%
No 23 76.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2015, 03:18 PM   #21
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsidecat View Post
Right, because the two int's in the final minutes were clearly because of coaching. smh
Shake your head all you want, in his body of work for two and a half years this team has underacheived based on talent. He didn't take over a rebuilding project. He took over a team at the top of the conference and the conference got weaker. He's brought in better talent to a team that was better than the rest of the conference and the opponents have gotten weaker. He's struggled to beat Miami of Ohio three straight years. The team he took over took Miami to the woodshed the previous several years. He's had better running backs and a QB that based on talent was at one point the highest rated QB in the country. He has probably ten good receiving targets to go to. Should be a HC and OC's dream. Yet we are mediocre.

If your QB throws bad INT's make a change or change the offense to utilize his strengths. That comes down to coaching. Marvin Lewis and Hue Jackson have done a good job of designing a gameplan to make Andy Dalton look good. Tuberville's answer to Kiel throwing picks is not to use the RB's more or run plays with safer throws, it's to run a QB keeper in throwing situations. After Kiel threw that pick vs. Memphis he ran him several times and Kiel got his bell rung because of it. I'm not blaming the hit specifically on coaching but the point is if you have an oft-injured QB that doesn't know how to not take a hit, why are you running him so much?
Old 10-04-2015, 07:08 AM   #22
bearcat8290

bearcat8290 is on a distinguished road
Of course Miami is not the team it used to be The team of the eighties is long gone as are the players, however, Miami is solid, coach Golden has them going in the right direction and entering the game Thursday night, Miami was on the verge of entering the top 25. They had a nice win over Nebraska and were playing well. They fully expected to beat us Thursday and got a surprise. Tuberville is doing a good job recruiting and is bringing in many players that possess speed, (one thing ya can't teach). Terrill Gilbert and Byrce Jenkinson are perfect examples. Players that are smart with good speed. It was also wise to put Gilbert at safety rather than let him sit on the taxi squad at QB. I think overall, we need to spend more money on assistant coaches, keep the good ones that we want and give them a raise. UC has a history of nickle and diming assistant coaches. To me, coaching is everything. We're lucky to have Tuberville. Gran also did a nice job calling plays and the defense held up despite the freshman players and new defensive coordinator.
bearcat8290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 03:13 PM   #23
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
4 de-commits in the past week? QB not with the team? 4-4 conference record? 7-5 overall? Highest paid non-P5 coach? And this guy wants an extension? That has to be a joke, right? This is a sinking ship and Tubs is the hapless captain.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 03:42 PM   #24
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
You Got what you wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
4 de-commits in the past week? QB not with the team? 4-4 conference record? 7-5 overall? Highest paid non-P5 coach? And this guy wants an extension? That has to be a joke, right? This is a sinking ship and Tubs is the hapless captain.
You got what you wanted--Kiel not the QB. Soon the coach will be gone and his staff--more recruits leave because the coach and his assistants are not there for them---then in a couple years you will want the next coach gone, and you will be complaining that UC can't keep any coaches around. Let's bring in Kerry Combs who has never even been a coordinator (ask OSU why they didn't name him Defensive Coordinator). The litany goes on and on. I would hate to have you in my foxhole!
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 03:51 PM   #25
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
You got what you wanted--Kiel not the QB. Soon the coach will be gone and his staff--more recruits leave because the coach and his assistants are not there for them---then in a couple years you will want the next coach gone, and you will be complaining that UC can't keep any coaches around. Let's bring in Kerry Combs who has never even been a coordinator (ask OSU why they didn't name him Defensive Coordinator). The litany goes on and on. I would hate to have you in my foxhole!
Show me where I ever complained about not keeping coaches around. I'm one of the ones who says I don't mind being a stepping stone job as long as we are not P5. So you are wrong.

Show me where I ever said I want Kerry Coombs to be the head coach at UC. I'll save you the time bc I have never said that anywhere, and I never will. So you are wrong again.

Please don't accuse me of saying things that I have never said. I don't appreciate people misrepresenting my point of view.

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 12-16-2015 at 03:55 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:21 PM   #26
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
In all seriousness, I'm not sure how Clinkscale still has a job. Wish I could underperform and show no progress and still have a job..
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 05:40 PM   #27
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
Tubs needs to go. The only reason for keeping him was to have recruiting stability because he had some nice commits in Larkin and the CB kid from Florida. Well, now both have decommitted. It's time for a change. Next year BETTER be his last season here...
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 07:30 PM   #28
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Show me where I ever complained about not keeping coaches around. I'm one of the ones who says I don't mind being a stepping stone job as long as we are not P5. So you are wrong.

Show me where I ever said I want Kerry Coombs to be the head coach at UC. I'll save you the time bc I have never said that anywhere, and I never will. So you are wrong again.

Please don't accuse me of saying things that I have never said. I don't appreciate people misrepresenting my point of view.
Moving forward, I think m64w and you are on the same page and frustrated with a season that had all the promise and then here we are now. Foxhole commit is his loyalty to UC just like yours, were all venting.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:12 PM   #29
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It is normal for him to seek an extension, otherwise he would be a lame duck coach and recruiting would suffer. Same reason why they upped Mick and same reason Huggs had a rolling 4 year contract.

Isn't Herman paid more now? QB situation nobody knows real story except GK.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:30 PM   #30
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
It is normal for him to seek an extension, otherwise he would be a lame duck coach and recruiting would suffer. Same reason why they upped Mick and same reason Huggs had a rolling 4 year contract.

Isn't Herman paid more now? QB situation nobody knows real story except GK.
Yeah Herman will be higher paid next year. I get the lame duck thing, but recruiting can only be so stable when you are a middle of the pack G5 program. I just hear Tuberville and extension in the same sentence and it makes me feel sick to my stomach.