Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-18-2017, 01:16 PM   #1401
prancer

prancer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UC86 View Post
Didn't know where to put this but I just saw the NCAA announced the tourney sites from 2019-2022 and it looks like Cincinnati is hosting first round games in 2022. Obviously it's a long way down the road but curious if anyone would know where the games would be held. I thought I saw US bank arena couldn't host because they didn't have enough locker rooms, so do this mean a renovation in the future for US bank arena?

https://twitter.com/marchmadness/sta...80766200987649
Can't the games be played at 5/3? Or is there a rule that on-campus arenas can't host?
prancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:22 PM   #1402
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by prancer View Post
Can't the games be played at 5/3? Or is there a rule that on-campus arenas can't host?
There is no rule, but the new arena will not hold enough to handle the NCAA tournament. The NCAA site states US Bank Arena....I am betting on an upgrade there.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 03:27 PM   #1403
NKY Bearcat

NKY Bearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
There is no rule, but the new arena will not hold enough to handle the NCAA tournament. The NCAA site states US Bank Arena....I am betting on an upgrade there.
There probably needs to be an upgrade to avoid losing concerts to 5/3rd.
NKY Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 03:37 PM   #1404
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Yea, after doing some thought. The world isnt going to be here in 2022. or atleast I wont
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:16 PM   #1405
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Mo Allie-Cox from VCU is signing with the Colts are trying to become a Tight End.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:19 PM   #1406
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
http://www.foxsports.com/college-bas...7?sf85526665=1

Mick Cronin (Cincinnati head coach)
If the Buckeyes whiff on Mack, is there any chance they go after his cross-town rival Mick Cronin? It seems feasible as Cronin has turned Cincinnati into one the best, non-major conference programs in all of college basketball. Overall, the Bearcats have made each of the last seven NCAA tournaments.

At the same time, it does feel like the Cincinnati program has somewhat plateaued under Cronin, who has made it beyond the first weekend of the Big Dance just once in those seven trips. Could it be time for him to make a move somewhere else? Keep in mind he has flirted with other jobs in the past, notably when he reportedly accepted the UNLV job before eventually reneging.

Aaron Doster USA TODAY Sports
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:25 PM   #1407
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
I still think Ohio St looks in a different direction and can't believe Mick wants to go to that dumpster fire right now with the new arena on the way. Yes, I know that Ohio St has a lot of money but would he want to go to a place where basketball is second fiddle at best? I think it is more likely Mick tries to poach a recruit from OSU rather than coach there.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:25 PM   #1408
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
I think coaches will think twice about going to OSU after how they treated Thad. At the very least they need to ensure a large buyout. I am sure OSU has reached out to Mick to gauge his interest.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 11:52 AM   #1409
ucdave

ucdave is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
I think coaches will think twice about going to OSU after how they treated Thad. At the very least they need to ensure a large buyout. I am sure OSU has reached out to Mick to gauge his interest.
I seriously doubt that. I'm pretty sure there is little (if any) love loss between OSU and Mick.
ucdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:19 PM   #1410
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Well we got our football coach from the assistant ranks at TOSU and we are about to hire our next Baseball coach by hiring the Xavier coach. What is next???
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote