Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2016, 12:52 PM   #21
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Luke said Saturday that he is eager to get started, then he heads back to OSU? He said the most important recruiting is keeping the current players. Well, one Ohio OL already left. He is a Co-DC, meaning they will still have a DC if he leaves. I want him here ASAP since his title is UC HC, so rooting for a loss. I want him preparing, planning, recruiting and assembling his staff, he is in competition with Ash for an OC already.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:45 PM   #22
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Luke said Saturday that he is eager to get started, then he heads back to OSU? He said the most important recruiting is keeping the current players. Well, one Ohio OL already left. He is a Co-DC, meaning they will still have a DC if he leaves. I want him here ASAP since his title is UC HC, so rooting for a loss. I want him preparing, planning, recruiting and assembling his staff, he is in competition with Ash for an OC already.
Patrick he is coaching on a team that is contending for the National Championship. I have know issue with him staying there and giving his all to the kids he has coached and recruited to that school. I would be disappointed if he had bolted. For some of those kids this is a once in a lifetime dream. This isn't the gator bowl he is staying for. Like you I want him on the job ASAP but I fully understand what he is doing.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 02:45 PM   #23
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Only time I would even consider rooting against my buckeyes is if they play UC in Football. Go Buck's!!!!!!!!!!!
This 100%
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 02:55 PM   #24
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Patrick he is coaching on a team that is contending for the National Championship. I have know issue with him staying there and giving his all to the kids he has coached and recruited to that school. I would be disappointed if he had bolted. For some of those kids this is a once in a lifetime dream. This isn't the gator bowl he is staying for. Like you I want him on the job ASAP but I fully understand what he is doing.
I remember a HC bolting on his team for the Sugar Bowl - wanted to get started on his "dream job". Of course, that was s crappy thing to do, but it's not unprecedented.
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 04:10 PM   #25
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Only time I would even consider rooting against my buckeyes is if they play UC in Football. Go Buck's!!!!!!!!!!!
/permanent ban
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 04:24 PM   #26
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Go Clemson! I'll never, ever, cheer for O$U.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 04:36 PM   #27
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
/permanent ban
You would miss me. Lol!
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:36 PM   #28
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Quote:
Wonder why you said FB only...
Old 12-12-2016, 08:39 PM   #29
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bearcatdad View Post
I remember a HC bolting on his team for the Sugar Bowl - wanted to get started on his "dream job". Of course, that was s crappy thing to do, but it's not unprecedented.
Herman coaching UH, Taggart coaching USF in their bowl games? It is common
Old 12-12-2016, 08:56 PM   #30
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Will never root for OSU. I could care less how that looks on the new coach's resume. Tuberville won a couple national titles as a D Coordinator. Tell me where that helped us. If anyone thinks we win a recruit because UC is mentioned in a playoff game you're really reaching for straws. Fickell will be successful here if he recruits smart, steals a few local kids we might not otherwise be able to get except they can stay home, and most importantly because he can coach up his players and win the battle of x's and o's. Nothing that happens in the OSU games changes any of that.
David I enjoy reading your F-ball posts.

Here is what I said in another thread about how OSU stays on top: "This is how it works in all walks of life. It's not that they were afraid of UC when they hired Coombs a few years ago. They just dont let you make any gain at all. They will not let you gain traction. Buy out games if need to, hire the recruiting expert, have an exhibition in your backyard. Whatever it takes. . " That said I think I am going to hope OSU wins (doubt they will though). Tubby winning titles many years ago as DC is different than Fickell winning one this year, to go along with 2 other rings he has. He could go into a kids living room, and talk about something very relevant: winning a title the PREVIOUS year (or if they lose, he can at least say he has a ring from just a few years ago plus several top 10 finishes).

I completely agree with you about the X's and O's and coaching up players and stealing a few recruits.

I agree I doubt a recruit hears our name in the playoffs and commits, but it is still nice for our brand, and I enjoy it immensely LOL!!
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote