Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-01-2017, 11:15 AM   #31
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown Bearcat View Post
i think hes built a program that can withstand his depature just like say vcu and butler. luckily hes being paid real money and likely wont leave barring one of the blue bloods calling like kansas
I'd be STUNNED if Marshall ever coached Kansas. STUNNED.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 01:32 PM   #32
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
Money is flying around now. Chris Mack offered $4M to coach Georgetown I heard. Of course there's no money to pay players or pay for family to travel to games LOL.
WSU will NEVER be outbid for Marshall's services. The Koch brothers will see to that. Very excited to be reunited in the same league with the Shockers!
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:56 PM   #33
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
My dream realignment scenario would be to add Dayton and VCU as non-football members and balance them with Army and Air Force as football-only additions. To me, that's the only semi-realistic way to add value to the league. BYU would be a huge get, but that's not happening. In order for this to work, Air Force would have to be willing to park their non-football sports in the WCC, WAC, or Big West.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:57 PM   #34
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
That, of course, is in addition to adding Wichita State to balance out Navy.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:57 AM   #35
Red_N_Black_Attack

Red_N_Black_Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Sounds good to me.

Knowing the AAC, we will only play them once next season, at their place, on their senior day.
Man, that would be a great win for UC! What a way to end their home season...losing to us.
Red_N_Black_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:52 PM   #36
Btown Bearcat

Btown Bearcat is an unknown quantity at this point
It looks like wichita joining has gone from rumor to reality. Couple stories this morning are confirming they will be joining the aac and start this upcoming season so no weird lame duck seasons. This is huge for the aac if were going to be stuck here the aac might well make the best of it. Honestly overnight this turns us into one better bball conferences in the country. If Ollie could just put out the dumpster fire up in uconn even if not tho it really doesnt matter.

I mean were talking about a team who will at least be preseason top 10. Even if their coach leaves eventually which is unlikely considering hes making 4 million a year and has turned down bigger programs already their program is solid now. The AAC finally has stability now that the big 12 circus is done which in my opinion has been the aac biggest detriment. We now have a very solid basketball league which will only get better every year with alot programs with funding good coaching and on the rise. Cinci, Wich, Uconn, SMU leading the way with teams like Temple, Memphis, Tulsa, Houston, ucf who are right on the verge of being ncaa caliber teams. Ya we have the Tulanes and East carolinas hurting us but with stability those programs will at least get a little better and not be suck rpi killers.

I dont know I dont want to go on and on with things weve all already said I just wanted to post these articles I read and I for one couldnt be more excited for this. With the bad year our conference just had we needed some good press like this and in my opinion the AAC is on the verge of being one of the best bball conf in the country I truly believe that. Its only one team but to me its perfect and its exactly what this conference needed and most importantly this helps cinci big time

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/aa...eague-2017-18/

http://thesunflower.com/16712/sports...tates-arrival/

Last edited by Btown Bearcat; 04-04-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Btown Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:07 PM   #37
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Bruce Marshall on First Preview said there have been talks inside Wichita State about trying to start football back up. They still have their old stadium I guess. It'd be interesting if they played FCS to start and put money into the stadium. They'd make a good full-sports member if they could pull that off.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:12 PM   #38
Btown Bearcat

Btown Bearcat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Bruce Marshall on First Preview said there have been talks inside Wichita State about trying to start football back up. They still have their old stadium I guess. It'd be interesting if they played FCS to start and put money into the stadium. They'd make a good full-sports member if they could pull that off.
Ya I read that as well i bet that was more if needed to get in better conference type of thing. all though it could be in works maybe make division 2 then if someone leaves aac for a power 5 they start playing football here.

Another thing being overlooked is their baseball program is one best in the country and this also helps aac baseball massively. I'm telling ya man I couldn't be happier about this it's literally exactly what the aac needed for a jump start
Btown Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 05:43 PM   #39
Rocky Mountain Shock

Rocky Mountain Shock is on a distinguished road
Hey guys, Shox fan here. I've been an admirer of your program for awhile. Three titles and 6 F4s is quite an impressive history, and recently Cronin has you firing on all cylinders.

Just wanted to drop in and reinforce how stoked WSU fans everywhere are about shackin' up with the AAC and playing some quality competition in conference for a change. Looking forward to cheering against you when our teams meet, and cheering for you the rest of the time. Go AAC, Go Shockers, Go Bearcats.
Rocky Mountain Shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 06:32 PM   #40
insomniaisevil

insomniaisevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
Hey guys, Shox fan here. I've been an admirer of your program for awhile. Three titles and 6 F4s is quite an impressive history, and recently Cronin has you firing on all cylinders.

Just wanted to drop in and reinforce how stoked WSU fans everywhere are about shackin' up with the AAC and playing some quality competition in conference for a change. Looking forward to cheering against you when our teams meet, and cheering for you the rest of the time. Go AAC, Go Shockers, Go Bearcats.
Welcome to the party! I think I speak for most people here in saying that Bearcat fans are thrilled to welcome the Shockers on board.
insomniaisevil is offline   Reply With Quote