Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cincinnati Pro Sports

Old 03-23-2017, 06:55 PM   #761
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Both my total redrafts I've done, I stacked up in pitching. One was a league full of Cubs homers. I got kershaw, kluber and Strasburg in that league among others. These guys were fighting over cubs players and taking them way too early.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:05 PM   #762
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

Here's one of my complete new draft rosters. It's 10 teams, points league, not stats, weekly set so I didn't draft a bench hitter:

C JT Realmuto
1B Hanley Ramirez
2B Jose Altuve
3B Adrian Beltre
SS Xander Bogaerts
OF AJ Pollock
OF Carlos Gonzalez
OF Adam Jones
U Jose Ramirez

SP Corey Kluber
SP Jon Lester
SP Jacob deGrom
SP Dallas Keuchel
SP Carlos Rodon
RP Francisco Rodriguez
RP David Robertson

B James Paxton
B Vince Valesquez
B Garret Richards
B Lance Lynn
B Tiajaun Walker
Old 03-23-2017, 07:25 PM   #763
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

Another complete new draft, the one with all cubs fans, ten teams 12 categories
Hitters: AVG RUNS HR RBI SB OPS
Pitchers: W K's WHIP ERA Saves QS

C Evan Gattis
1B Wil Myers
2B Ian Kinsler
3B Eduardo Nunez
SS Aledmys Diaz
OF Charlie Blackmon
OF AJ Pollock
OF Ian Desmond (drafted before he got hurt)
U Jose Ramirez
U Elvis Andrus
B Victor Martinez

SP Clayton Kershaw
SP Corey Kluber
RP Jeurys Familia
RP Francisco Rodriguez
P Stephen Strasburg
P Cole Hamels
P Michael Pineda
P Rich Hill
B JA Happ
B Vince Valesquez
B Ian Kennedy
B Shawn Kelley

Notice the speed and average guys and the starting pitching. With wins, K's and QS, I made sure I went after starters over relievers. I never chase closers

Last edited by david aka the TYZ; 03-23-2017 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:00 PM   #764
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
before the injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
AZ Doug Gray had a article up on him at his site. Says he is flying up the draft boards.
At the Burlington, NC Under Armour Baseball Factory National Tryout on Saturday April 10, 2016, 2017 OF Austin Beck (a UNC commit from Arcadia, NC) registered a 97 mph exit velocity, ran 6.62 in the 60 yard dash, and posted 91 mph raw velocity.

BF-PocketRadar_4.10Beck’s 97 mph exit velocity was the highest we saw at any of the five events held nationally across the weekend, and places him just inside the top ten among 2017 graduates. His 91 mph raw velocity enters him into a tie for fifth place, while his 6.62 60 yard dash figures just inside the top 25.

A right-handed hitter listed at 6-foot-1, 190 pounds, Beck offered visual evidence to support his impressive exit velocity. That evidence came in the form of three home runs in twelve BP swings with a wood bat — with each of the twelve noted as “hard contact.” Not surprisingly, a note taken directly from his scout card reads, “ball comes off bat differently.” He earned high marks for his arm strength, fielding ability, and hitting ability in additional to his previously mentioned raw power and speed.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 06:24 AM   #765
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
At the Burlington, NC Under Armour Baseball Factory National Tryout on Saturday April 10, 2016, 2017 OF Austin Beck (a UNC commit from Arcadia, NC) registered a 97 mph exit velocity, ran 6.62 in the 60 yard dash, and posted 91 mph raw velocity.

BF-PocketRadar_4.10Beck’s 97 mph exit velocity was the highest we saw at any of the five events held nationally across the weekend, and places him just inside the top ten among 2017 graduates. His 91 mph raw velocity enters him into a tie for fifth place, while his 6.62 60 yard dash figures just inside the top 25.

A right-handed hitter listed at 6-foot-1, 190 pounds, Beck offered visual evidence to support his impressive exit velocity. That evidence came in the form of three home runs in twelve BP swings with a wood bat — with each of the twelve noted as “hard contact.” Not surprisingly, a note taken directly from his scout card reads, “ball comes off bat differently.” He earned high marks for his arm strength, fielding ability, and hitting ability in additional to his previously mentioned raw power and speed.
He'll be a nice follow this year.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:24 AM   #766
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Here's one of my complete new draft rosters. It's 10 teams, points league, not stats, weekly set so I didn't draft a bench hitter:

C JT Realmuto
1B Hanley Ramirez
2B Jose Altuve
3B Adrian Beltre
SS Xander Bogaerts
OF AJ Pollock
OF Carlos Gonzalez
OF Adam Jones
U Jose Ramirez

SP Corey Kluber
SP Jon Lester
SP Jacob deGrom
SP Dallas Keuchel
SP Carlos Rodon
RP Francisco Rodriguez
RP David Robertson

B James Paxton
B Vince Valesquez
B Garret Richards
B Lance Lynn
B Tiajaun Walker
I've never done a points league. I do DraftKings though so I get the concept. Interesting how values can change based on the format. Realmuto being a threat to steal 10 bases is such a sneaky weapon. I'm not big on him in any other format bc of where he's getting picked but he's closer to the top tier than the next tier down in this format imo. I was way too scared to draft Pollock this year but he could be a big help.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:28 AM   #767
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Another complete new draft, the one with all cubs fans, ten teams 12 categories
Hitters: AVG RUNS HR RBI SB OPS
Pitchers: W K's WHIP ERA Saves QS

C Evan Gattis
1B Wil Myers
2B Ian Kinsler
3B Eduardo Nunez
SS Aledmys Diaz
OF Charlie Blackmon
OF AJ Pollock
OF Ian Desmond (drafted before he got hurt)
U Jose Ramirez
U Elvis Andrus
B Victor Martinez

SP Clayton Kershaw
SP Corey Kluber
RP Jeurys Familia
RP Francisco Rodriguez
P Stephen Strasburg
P Cole Hamels
P Michael Pineda
P Rich Hill
B JA Happ
B Vince Valesquez
B Ian Kennedy
B Shawn Kelley

Notice the speed and average guys and the starting pitching. With wins, K's and QS, I made sure I went after starters over relievers. I never chase closers
Yeah closers always pop up throughout the year. Like RBs in fantasy football. Diaz is such a steal this year. He's going so late. If I didn't go with Russell where I did, I would've tried to hold out for Diaz on the mext pass (I drafted 10 out of 10 in snakes draft).

I like that group of high upside SP after your main guys. At least a couple of those guys will end up being good.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:21 PM   #768
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I've never done a points league. I do DraftKings though so I get the concept. Interesting how values can change based on the format. Realmuto being a threat to steal 10 bases is such a sneaky weapon. I'm not big on him in any other format bc of where he's getting picked but he's closer to the top tier than the next tier down in this format imo. I was way too scared to draft Pollock this year but he could be a big help.
Unless an elite catcher falls to me, I don't worry about catchers. They are like kickers for me...late round, best available, no backup
Old 03-24-2017, 02:22 PM   #769
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Yeah closers always pop up throughout the year. Like RBs in fantasy football. Diaz is such a steal this year. He's going so late. If I didn't go with Russell where I did, I would've tried to hold out for Diaz on the mext pass (I drafted 10 out of 10 in snakes draft).

I like that group of high upside SP after your main guys. At least a couple of those guys will end up being good.
Plain and simple, barring injuries, nobody in that league will touch me in pitching.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:40 PM   #770
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Unless an elite catcher falls to me, I don't worry about catchers. They are like kickers for me...late round, best available, no backup
I love catchers in roto. I'll always go out of my way to have the best ones. And Schwarber plays C,OF in Yahoo so I love being able to have someone like that with another good one. In h2h I'll just take Russell Martin late and call it a day.