Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-07-2017, 08:32 AM   #1
Btown Bearcat

Btown Bearcat is an unknown quantity at this point
Watching Classic UC Games on YouTube

So last night I got home from work about 2:30 am couldnt sleep and ended up watching old games on youtube. I watched the Purdue and Florida State tournament games. Then I came across a gem on the Bearcats official youtube page.

Im sure most of you have already seen this but it has about 8 classic games most coming in the 96-98 period. Im 31 now and it made me realize just how much of a hardcore fan I was even as a young sports fanatic even when Fortson was still here when I was about 11. I was watching some of the old games and had vivid memories of watching the exact games on Sat even remembering some of the play by play etc and man were we talented. Im a little to young to remember the final 4s in the 90s vividly but do remember just after it.

I dont want to go too far into a when I was young story, but the point is this link is well worth the time. I caught myself watching the Cinci vs Memphis game where Kenyon got one of his triple doubles, 10 blocks, 30 points or so, etc etc. Made me realize why I have so much more passion for uc hoops then even the Reds or Bengals.

So anyway guys check out the link its well worth the time and brings back good memories. I always look forward and I think the what could of been crap is for the birds and Im not one those Huggins apologists. I think his decisions almost killed our program and were lucky to have Cronin who has brought us back from the dead but man were we good. Awesome were finally back to prominence. Check it out

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...mItocYSsHmvQzI

Last edited by Btown Bearcat; 02-07-2017 at 08:35 AM.
Btown Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:55 AM   #2
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown Bearcat View Post
So last night I got home from work about 2:30 am couldnt sleep and ended up watching old games on youtube. I watched the Purdue and Florida State tournament games. Then I came across a gem on the Bearcats official youtube page.

Im sure most of you have already seen this but it has about 8 classic games most coming in the 96-98 period. Im 31 now and it made me realize just how much of a hardcore fan I was even as a young sports fanatic even when Fortson was still here when I was about 11. I was watching some of the old games and had vivid memories of watching the exact games on Sat even remembering some of the play by play etc and man were we talented. Im a little to young to remember the final 4s in the 90s vividly but do remember just after it.

I dont want to go too far into a when I was young story, but the point is this link is well worth the time. I caught myself watching the Cinci vs Memphis game where Kenyon got one of his triple doubles, 10 blocks, 30 points or so, etc etc. Made me realize why I have so much more passion for uc hoops then even the Reds or Bengals.

So anyway guys check out the link its well worth the time and brings back good memories. I always look forward and I think the what could of been crap is for the birds and Im not one those Huggins apologists. I think his decisions almost killed our program and were lucky to have Cronin who has brought us back from the dead but man were we good. Awesome were finally back to prominence. Check it out

Yes sir. I do that a lot myself. Watch old games, even if they are losses. 2 full games I cant find though is when we played UK with James White or our sweet 16 game a few years ago against OSU. Let me know if anyone comes across it. I know they are both losses but still some games I would like to re-watch.

Hopefully we will have some tournament games we can re-watch after this year.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:08 AM   #3
Btown Bearcat

Agreed ya I actually tried to find a few those myself. We'll have to turn this thread into a link share for classic games. The U.K. game your talking about it may of even been Huggins very last game I can't remember but I feel like it was. If I remember right we were winning at halftime round of 32 if I remember right maybe 2006?

Also yes I think this may be the year Cronin breaks through. It feels like he's finally found the perfect blueprint of putting a winning team together. He's literally one good run away from turning Cincinnati into a national power. Let's hope this is the year if we can stay healthy big if we can beat literally anybody and maybe we can get some all time classic games that we will enjoy watching on YouTube in 2 years. He'll I've watched the Xavier game second half 3 or 4 times

Last edited by Btown Bearcat; 02-07-2017 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:13 AM   #4
Btown Bearcat

if you want to see just how far cronin has come just check out this game. I think people underestimate just what a shit hole he took over its nothing short of honestly a miracle what hes done for this program granted we would of liked more success in march. West Virginia vs Cincinnati 2006-07

1st Half
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfy87IOHGsI

2nd Half
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bESERj8aVw
Old 02-07-2017, 05:18 PM   #5
Garybearcat

Garybearcat is on a distinguished road
1993 Reigional Final
Cincinnati vs North Carolina

Nick VanExel on fire in first half. You watch this game and realize how dam quick that team was back then.

(https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aPuR_hPd3XM)
Garybearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:29 PM   #6
Btown Bearcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garybearcat View Post
1993 Reigional Final
Cincinnati vs North Carolina

Nick VanExel on fire in first half. You watch this game and realize how dam quick that team was back then.

(https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aPuR_hPd3XM)
Ya those games are fun to watch it was right before my memory serves me. I was crazy big fan as early as like 11 born in 85 but those teams right outside of memory for me so it's fun to watch them . I was watching other uc games on a website that wasn't YouTube I'll try to find it when I get home. Unfortunately some more easy games to find are ones as cinci fans we would like to forget
Old 02-08-2017, 02:55 PM   #7
Garybearcat

This was hearcbreaking loss from 1976 NCAA Tourney to Notre Dame. The last part of game. We couldn't get ball inbounds and Notre Dame got one last shot.

(https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jZlYJ3H88m4)
Old 02-08-2017, 09:49 PM   #8
Btown Bearcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garybearcat View Post
This was hearcbreaking loss from 1976 NCAA Tourney to Notre Dame. The last part of game. We couldn't get ball inbounds and Notre Dame got one last shot.

(https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jZlYJ3H88m4)
nice never seen this
Old 02-09-2017, 06:11 AM   #9
Garybearcat

Quote:
nice never seen this
Watched it live at my friend's house. I was in junior high at the time. This led to rule I believe that you had to call for timeout at 4 seconds on the 5 second count. When this game was played it was up to the descretion of official to grant timeout.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:00 PM   #10
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Tried to post this earlier but don't know where it went. Been watching a lot of the games between 96-02. So much talent. Not sure how they didn't make a run one (or more) of those years. Some of the most talented teams in college bball in the 90s
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote