Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

View Poll Results: How do you grade the Luke Fickell hire?
A 21 38.89%
B 22 40.74%
C 8 14.81%
D 0 0%
F 3 5.56%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2016, 07:33 PM   #31
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
word is UM blocking any coaches from basically going anywhere until after bowl. if he block coombs from coming him and fickell might have bath blood already. goes to show being loyal only goes so far
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 07:41 PM   #32
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Dude Coombs isn't coming. He got a raise and I think will be co-DC now that Fickell is gone.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 08:27 PM   #33
Bulldog01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Dude Coombs isn't coming. He got a raise and I think will be co-DC now that Fickell is gone.
dude stop making shit up. coombs hasnt got no raise as of yet. UM just using him as a pawn like a great king would do. UM is cutt throat no love coach. he isnt even a freaking defensive coach now or he wasnt a coordinator. now for the bowl games he's ST coordinator and probably allowed to talked back with the dbs he recruited there. lmao no way in hell would he ever be our DC. he can recruit his ass off so he wouldve been God sent here but at Tosu we pay our players anyway so a recruiter dont really matter
Old 12-10-2016, 08:43 PM   #34
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Urban Meyer @OSUCoachMeyer
Great news! My rt-hand man, Kerry Coombs, is a Buckeye! In add to coordinating the SPT, he will have an expanded coordinating role on our D
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:15 PM   #35
Bulldog01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Urban Meyer @OSUCoachMeyer
Great news! My rt-hand man, Kerry Coombs, is a Buckeye! In add to coordinating the SPT, he will have an expanded coordinating role on our D
him and coombs was together on recruiting trail. Had to say something
Old 12-11-2016, 06:14 AM   #36
XgradforUC

XgradforUC is on a distinguished road
I'd like to see Coombs back at UC because of his recruiting contacts. BUT, if he isn't it is not the end of the world. By all accounts, Fickell also has many contacts with coaches in the region and is also well liked by the high school coaching fraternity. For one thing, he is still young enough to be in the same age group of many many of the high school coaches he will deal with. I trust him to bring in other members of the staff that have contacts with coaches from around the country, and to use his own contacts with those to bring recruiting up to the place it needs to be. UC will still face many of the same obsticals it faced last week, but lack of contact and a disregard for regional recruiting won't be one of them.

It would certainly be somewhat strange, and hard, to have both Fickell and Coombs at UC because we know that both of them sought the job.

The more I read about coach Fickell, the more I like the pick.
XgradforUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:10 AM   #37
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
If Coombs isn't coming, the guys at 700 are going to be PISSED! That was their ONE demand! Lol.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:34 AM   #38
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Anyone know the details of Fickell's contract?
Old 12-11-2016, 11:47 AM   #39
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

I think there are some parallels between Fickell and Orgeron. I know Orgeron spoke recently about his failure at Ole Miss from 10 years ago...he basically said he tried to coach the entire team as a D-Line coach. But now he's more aware of the things he doesn't know and leaves the offense to that part of the staff. One of the first things he said when taking over LSU was that they needed to open up the offense. It seems like Fickell has also had time to reflect on his HC stint and made it clear yesterday that he wants to have a strong, open offense. Hopefully Fickell can stay true to this.
Old 12-11-2016, 11:55 AM   #40
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Anyone know the details of Fickell's contract?
won't be released until officially approved by the board today. Hearing in the TT range of about $2.2 Million per and for 6 years.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote