Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Blogs, News, and More > Help, Feedback & Suggestions

Old 07-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Thread separation bars

Why when you click in a sub forum, say like 2011 basketball recruiting, there are horizontal bars that separate certain threads? I click in the forum and I don't see the new posts until I scroll down to below the next red bar that separates the threads....sorry this is hard to describe but does anyone else experience this?
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Are you talking about the Red Horizontal Bar? If so, that is the separator between stuck threads and regular threads. In the Basketball Recruiting threads I believe Jeff is doing it to designate players who have offers/committed to UC as compared to those who are just interested in UC or vice versa. In the football recruiting threads swg and I have decided that we would stick the UC commitments since there will be 15-25 yearly and there are so many offers that go out. Let me know if this doesn't answer your question.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:26 AM   #3
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. To see a new post on Guyn's committment I have to scroll down past 15 old threads to view it.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:23 AM   #4
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Yes, that's what I'm talking about. To see a new post on Guyn's committment I have to scroll down past 15 old threads to view it.
I don't have the ability to stick that thread I don't think. i will see if I can. If not swg or Jeff will have to. You won't have to scroll down too much longer.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:38 PM   #5
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

Oh, now I see, I didn't realize they were "stickied". It's not a big deal I just didn't realize why it was doing that. IMO, probably just too many stickied threads.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #6
JasonS
Football Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Oh, now I see, I didn't realize they were "stickied". It's not a big deal I just didn't realize why it was doing that. IMO, probably just too many stickied threads.
You will see a lot on the recruiting pages. You will see every football commit stickied and every basketball recruit who has been offered or committed stickied until they commit elsewhere. Unfortunately on the basketball side of things, it is really the only way to separate those with offers from those without.