Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-18-2018, 06:07 PM   #201
Defense first

Defense first is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Great half
I agree. Great defense, they scored on really hard contested shots or broken lucky plays for the majority. Thought refs really ruined our flow offensively, but defensively we were really good. Hope they start to wear down. Feels like we weathered there first run pretty decent. If Evans shot isn't falling, go hard to rim, it's easier to get offensive rebounds on lay ups than long jump shots. Cumberland being back will help. Moore needs to get locked on defense, only shoot if we're later in clock or wide open. We did well earlier establishing Washington. Clark should be ready to go. Evans, Cumberland and Broome should be best equipped when going one on one, while defense is spread out. If I was Evans I will take ball to basket every single time, then maybe shot a jump shoot to keep them honest. Unless they guard you out in perimeter.

Last edited by Defense first; 03-18-2018 at 06:11 PM.
Defense first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:11 PM   #202
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Can't let them make a few in a row.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:11 PM   #203
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense first View Post
I agree. Great defense, they scored on really hard contested shots or broken lucky plays for the majority. Thought refs really ruined our flow offensively, but defensively we were really good. Hope they start to wear down. Feels like we weathered there first run pretty decent. If Evans shot isn't falling, go hard to rim, it's easier to get offensive rebounds on lay ups than long jump shots. Cumberland being back will help. Moore needs to get locked on defense, only shoot if we're later in clock or wide open. We did well earlier establishing Washington. Clark should be ready to go. Evans, Cumberland and Broome should be best equipped when going one on one, while defense is spread out. If I was Evans I will take ball to basket every single time, then maybe shot a jump shot to keep them honest.
Yeah they were a shot away from it being a four point game, and then we pulled right back away and went into the half with a pretty nice lead
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:13 PM   #204
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
It’s great we went the last 5 minutes Evans, Scott, Nsoseme, Jennifer, and Moore and are still up 12.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:13 PM   #205
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense first View Post
I agree. Great defense, they scored on really hard contested shots or broken lucky plays for the majority. Thought refs really ruined our flow offensively, but defensively we were really good. Hope they start to wear down. Feels like we weathered there first run pretty decent. If Evans shot isn't falling, go hard to rim, it's easier to get offensive rebounds on lay ups than long jump shots. Cumberland being back will help. Moore needs to get locked on defense, only shoot if we're later in clock or wide open. We did well earlier establishing Washington. Clark should be ready to go. Evans, Cumberland and Broome should be best equipped when going one on one, while defense is spread out. If I was Evans I will take ball to basket every single time, then maybe shot a jump shoot to keep them honest. Unless they guard you out in perimeter.
Pretty solid summary of the first half and I agree with the game plan.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:16 PM   #206
crimedogg27

crimedogg27 is on a distinguished road
Cats shouldn't shoot a three in the second half. Evans and Cumberland can get into the lane whenever they want.
crimedogg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:17 PM   #207
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Is it just me or did half time get longer?
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:19 PM   #208
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
That half time crew is garbage.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:20 PM   #209
Zdiddy513

Zdiddy513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimedogg27 View Post
Cats shouldn't shoot a three in the second half. Evans and Cumberland can get into the lane whenever they want.
Agree. Evans has had 0 resistance getting to the cup.
Zdiddy513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:20 PM   #210
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
All I ask is that UC has a sizable lead at the 1 min mark.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote