Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-18-2018, 07:20 PM   #321
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Oh boy. Oh well. It's only sports. I'm not as devastated as I used to be with a loss. I was getting super excited bout potential E-8 tho.

Geez. To lose a 22 pt lead.

Was that really an offensive foul on Cane near the end?

Last edited by ZCat; 03-18-2018 at 07:32 PM.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:20 PM   #322
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
I don't know what to say. Our best yer and we make it to the round of 32. Can't wait to enjoy next year, 19-13 team, nit. Cane played poorly. We ran ISO ball with Evans the last ten minutes. We made our selves cake to defend. On Cronin, and only Cronin.
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:21 PM   #323
Defense first

Defense first is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Yea I’m done.

I’m bowing out for a while on Bearcats basketball.

Will not renew the tickets because if this team can’t win, no UC team will. And so much for a boost in recruiting.
Done with UC. I'm sick and tired if following a loser. Evans lost us that game. He wouldn't go back to ball. He never needs to come back again. Hi to NBA and enjoy playing over seas
And again you work the walk through. **** you to the refs, **** you to Cronin for stalling ball out, **** you to cane for being a bitch. **** you to everyone stupid enough to follow and expect good things at UC. Stall some more you ******* idiots. Told you during the season he stalls way to much.

Last edited by Defense first; 03-18-2018 at 07:23 PM.
Defense first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:21 PM   #324
dbieon12
Elite Member

dbieon12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Cronins identity. Go up 10 or 15 then he has the guys run out the shot clock to try and limit possessions. You would think a head coach would realize that doesn't work.
It would be fine if we had UNC, Duke, UK, or even X discipline but we don't. Too many jumpshots that were low percentage, you miss them, your D can't set up, they get transition opportunities, you don't burn as much clock as possible, you don't get them into foul trouble and slow down their rhythm, you let them back into the game. Coaching 101.
dbieon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:21 PM   #325
Bearcatmatt

Bearcatmatt is on a distinguished road
Good offense beats good defense. That’s how it is. Defense keeps you in games, but rarely wins you games at the end. You have to make shots. We didn’t.
Bearcatmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:21 PM   #326
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
We are now a joke of the ncaa along with uva. We blew a 22pt lead with 11min to go.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:21 PM   #327
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Cronins identity. Go up 10 or 15 then he has the guys run out the shot clock to try and limit possessions. You would think a head coach would realize that doesn't work.
Evans and Cumberland were getting to the rim at will. They stopped attacking the basket. We shot jumper after jumper. We had 4 fouls on them before 5 minutes with gone in the half.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:21 PM   #328
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
almost like people have been saying the slow it down evans PG stuff doesn't work

i mean we learned it all season long. but mick didn't learn it.

we scored 8 points the final 10:48.

almost like the fears some of us have held all year showed up and just cost us a sweet 16 and likely an elite 8 and beyond.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:22 PM   #329
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Refs have too much influence in the game but that is college basketball. We can’t do anything about that. We just missed a bunch of shots we should not have missed and Nevada does not quit. You would have thought we would know that after they came back from 14 down on Texas.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:22 PM   #330
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I’ve questioned Cronin a lot this season but I don’t think this is on him. We literally missed 15 layups in the last 10 minutes. Make 2 and we win
He also watched us take terrible shot after terrible shot. Cumberland was worthless in the second half.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote