Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Blogs, News, and More > Help, Feedback & Suggestions

Old 02-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
pwadm
Administrator

pwadm is on a distinguished road
Mobile access (iphone/android & other)

A new mobile style has been installed to make reading and participating in the forum easier from mobile devices.
The style will activate itself automatically when you navigate to the forum from your phone.

Give it a try!
pwadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
Lobot

Lobot will become famous soon enough
A grain of salt from a mod from another board, Ipad readability and navigation is terrible. It's difficult to get to USER CP and PM for example, but better than my site which has no mobile formatting.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobot View Post
A grain of salt from a mod from another board, Ipad readability and navigation is terrible. It's difficult to get to USER CP and PM for example, but better than my site which has no mobile formatting.
No, I agree. It was so much better when the iPad displayed the site just like a regular computer does. I don't like the mobile formatting for the iPad and, at least on my iPad, I cannot switch to the normal view.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
pwadm
Administrator

pwadm is on a distinguished road
Given the iPad resolution it should use the regular style, and not the mobile one. I adjusted the settings, but have no iPad to try it.

Let me know if it works!
pwadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:10 AM   #5
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwadm View Post
Given the iPad resolution it should use the regular style, and not the mobile one. I adjusted the settings, but have no iPad to try it.

Let me know if it works!
Thanks! I will try it later tonight or tomorrow and will let you know.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #6
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwadm View Post

Let me know if it works!
Thank you! The iPad version is back to the computer version. It looks outstanding on my new iPad with its retina screen!
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote