Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2017, 06:49 PM   #11
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
You can’t get in the tournament and have a team play zone and say “ well they are playing zone so we have to shot 3s”
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:54 PM   #12
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
It was a zone that’s the shots you get when you face a zones
Another thing, we are the 12th ranked team in the country and we are letting Savannah state dictate what we do? This is what your saying we do?
Old 11-10-2017, 07:06 PM   #13
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
It was game 1. And they wanted to have a 3 point contest, we agreed, and we won, big time. I just think your overreacting. Clearly we are not going to play every team we face this year like this. And even if we did play zones this way, we are SOOOO much better at shooting the 3 this year. Could it get us into trouble in a game, sure, is it gonna be a consistent problem. I absolutely do not think so. This isn't caupain and Johnson taking 15 3s a game.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:15 PM   #14
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
When teams run a zone it’s extremely hard to rebound especially against us cuz of our size. I would have liked to see Kyle be more agressive on the offensive boards he would have got more points that way, I’m not sure how we ended the game, but at the half we had 20 second chance points compared to their 0. That’s because you can’t rebound the ball defensively well in a zone especially without size.

The only problem i saw on offense was turnovers.

Cane needs to be the guy that settles us down, in the second half he did not do that for us today.
This is what i stated earlier

Last edited by mdchick; 11-10-2017 at 07:19 PM.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:23 PM   #15
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
It was game 1. And they wanted to have a 3 point contest, we agreed, and we won, big time. I just think your overreacting. Clearly we are not going to play every team we face this year like this. And even if we did play zones this way, we are SOOOO much better at shooting the 3 this year. Could it get us into trouble in a game, sure, is it gonna be a consistent problem. I absolutely do not think so. This isn't caupain and Johnson taking 15 3s a game.
It’s also not 5 Jj reddicks out there. I’m not worried yet, I didn’t even get to watch the game, but I see how it could become a problem. It’s been a problem for about 10 years
Old 11-10-2017, 08:45 PM   #16
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
It’s also not 5 Jj reddicks out there. I’m not worried yet, I didn’t even get to watch the game, but I see how it could become a problem. It’s been a problem for about 10 years
I didn't watch the game but I'm going to blast the way they played classic
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:21 PM   #17
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
I didn't watch the game but I'm going to blast the way they played classic
Not blasting. Said it’s been a problem for years and could see it still being a problem. Also game is on YouTube for anyone that wants to watch
Old 11-10-2017, 09:26 PM   #18
cincyguy13
Epic Member

How was I blasting our play? I commented on our play against zones for the last 10 years and seeing that we shot 30 3s, put 2 and 2 together to comment. What did I say that blasted our play?
Old 11-10-2017, 11:30 PM   #19
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We have Kyle and Gary for 1 more year. Let's not waste it. Take some 3's,sure, but not 30.! This year needs to be different!

Flash Gary to the high post.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:32 AM   #20
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
The shots you settle for. Can get better shots but its harder. If teams couldn’t get better shots, every team in the country would play zone.
The opposition paid the price for playing that zone. While it did give us a ton of open looks from the perimeter it also opened up rebounding opportunities. We killed them on second chance points and I believe almost set a team record in boards.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote