Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: Will UC beat Florida?
Yes 22 56.41%
No 17 43.59%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2017, 11:04 AM   #111
Xufan02
Banned

Xufan02 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
xavier got a sweetheart draw to the sweet 16 then played an arizona team that had an awful game, but they did win that one so credit to them. but you shouldn't be an 11 seed and play the 46th best team in the 1st round and 26th in the 2nd. that is craziness. draw is so damn important and xavier often times comes in on the extremely lucky side.
UC played a similarly ranked (and coached) FSU is cronins only sweet 16....

Does Mack also get a similarity favorable matchup every time he goes head to head with Mick?

Good luck w the gators.

Last edited by Xufan02; 12-08-2017 at 11:07 AM.
Xufan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:23 AM   #112
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
xavier got a sweetheart draw to the sweet 16 then played an arizona team that had an awful game, but they did win that one so credit to them. but you shouldn't be an 11 seed and play the 46th best team in the 1st round and 26th in the 2nd. that is craziness. draw is so damn important and xavier often times comes in on the extremely lucky side.
The matchup excuse is stupid. Xavier wins their 1st round game every year. If you do that, you might get a favorable match up in the 2nd round. You might not. Who cares. That’s not why we don’t win in the tournament. We don’t have good enough players and we can never score well enough to beat good teams. You have to score in March and even if you are a Cronin guy or not you can’t deny he has trouble scoring against good teams.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:24 AM   #113
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xufan02 View Post
UC played a similarly ranked (and coached) FSU is cronins only sweet 16....
yes he did, a point i specifically pointed out on this board when we were talking about tournament match ups and how much they have to do with how far you advance.

since 2011 when uc started making the tournament again here is the breakdown.

UC average seed 7 xu average seed 7 (goes up to 8 if you count the play in loss, but since they lost the play in, they didn't get in).

UC has made the 2nd round or better 4 times. xavier has made the 2nd round or better 4 times.

in the 2nd round UC played the 10, 24, 1, and 16th ranked kenpom teams. average of 13th best team.

in the 2nd round xu has played 79, 68, 38, 26. average of 53rd best team.

this is why people say tournament runs require luck and match ups. its just the truth.

by far xaviers best team, the team 2 years ago, the 2 seed, went out in the 2nd round. that was the best season in xu history, but because of the tournament, its was a failure.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:25 AM   #114
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
The matchup excuse is stupid. Xavier wins their 1st round game every year. If you do that, you might get a favorable match up in the 2nd round. You might not. Who cares. That’s not why we don’t win in the tournament. We don’t have good enough players and we can never score well enough to beat good teams. You have to score in March and even if you are a Cronin guy or not you can’t deny he has trouble scoring against good teams.
you should probably go look at what i just posted then.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:28 AM   #115
cincrulz11
Epic Member

and all of this is why people like me and hub have been freaking out about this 4 game stretch. we have to win the next 3 because we dont want to have to face a top 10 team in the 2nd round again if we make it there. we gotta get out of this average of 7 seed crap. only way to do it is to win the big OOC games.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:34 AM   #116
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
you should probably go look at what i just posted then.
why? I’ve heard this argument a thousand times on this board. There are good teams in the tournament. You get good draws and bad draws. You can’t control it. It’s just an excuse. The only teams that were a bad draws in my opinion were the kemba team and the uk team. All the other teams were beatable if we had a better team. We have only beat a higher seed once.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:36 AM   #117
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
why? I’ve heard this argument a thousand times on this board. There are good teams in the tournament. You get good draws and bad draws. You can’t control it. It’s just an excuse. The only teams that were a bad draws in my opinion were the kemba team and the uk team. All the other teams were beatable if we had a better team. We have only beat a higher seed once.
because if you're going to say things like mack is such a great coach cause he always gets by the first round, you'll have to explain how him and mick have both made the 2nd round 4 times since 2011.

there are plenty of things you can say that would work, you dont have to make things up.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:40 AM   #118
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
and all of this is why people like me and hub have been freaking out about this 4 game stretch. we have to win the next 3 because we dont want to have to face a top 10 team in the 2nd round again if we make it there. we gotta get out of this average of 7 seed crap. only way to do it is to win the big OOC games.
We got it the first 100 times hub posted about the 300+ teams. We all get it. The schedule is annoying and honestly boring except these 4 games. I agree, you have to win the ones you have. Hopefully we win the rest
Old 12-08-2017, 11:45 AM   #119
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
because if you're going to say things like mack is such a great coach cause he always gets by the first round, you'll have to explain how him and mick have both made the 2nd round 4 times since 2011.

there are plenty of things you can say that would work, you dont have to make things up.
I didn’t say anything about Mack. people that use the match up excuse are probably the same people saying we shouldn’t play the shootout because we get killed most years. Makes us sound lame. We haven’t been good enough. That’s ok to admit
Old 12-08-2017, 11:45 AM   #120
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Why does an XU fan come on to our blog. I don't get how she would have nothing better to do with her life? Xavier is a high school. So yes, we lost to a high school. I could careless talking about them or their tournament runs. Lets beat Florida.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote