Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2017 Recruiting Profiles

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2017, 06:20 PM   #31
ZCat
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 539
ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
Jacob, you are our KU insider. Is this guy the real thing? Now I'm not going to turn down a five-star unless he's a big trouble maker. Because you got to get the talent somehow.
I had not seen MD chicks message. But I'll also like to hear what Jacob has to say

ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:31 PM   #32
kskenyon4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 231
kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
Jacob, you are our KU insider. Is this guy the real thing? Now I'm not going to turn down a five-star unless he's a big trouble maker. Because you got to get the talent somehow.
If Bragg becomes a bearcat I will be stoked - Cronin does a lot of things well and one of them being not sugar coating what it will take to be a part of his program. If we go after him hard and get him, I will trust the coaching staff that Bragg will know exactly what he has signed up for. If he doesn't, chances are we have concerns and we'll get someone else.

He can be on a top 25 team for 2 years in a renovated arena playing with Broome, Evans, Cumberland. He will realize how special that core group can be.
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:28 AM   #33
jacobkdoyle
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 12,712
jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskenyon4 View Post
If Bragg becomes a bearcat I will be stoked - Cronin does a lot of things well and one of them being not sugar coating what it will take to be a part of his program. If we go after him hard and get him, I will trust the coaching staff that Bragg will know exactly what he has signed up for. If he doesn't, chances are we have concerns and we'll get someone else.

He can be on a top 25 team for 2 years in a renovated arena playing with Broome, Evans, Cumberland. He will realize how special that core group can be.
Agreed. It reminds me of I think it was the Skinny Podcast where Chad was talking about Washington's defense costing him minutes...and he said Washington better improve or he has no chance bc "Guess who's not going to win that battle against Coach Cronin?" lol.

I was talking to one of my hardcore KU friends last night about it and he was saying Self just couldn't get toughness out of him. And he said if Self can't, he doesn't think anyone can. I was like...DO YOU KNOW WHO MICK CRONIN IS??? Bragg shot a lot of long 2s. Grr. But he has good touch and can easily be a Washington/Clark type guy from behind the line. I don't worry about that. A year practicing could really pay off for him. And like others have said, if we take him, we know the staff looked into the situation and feel comfortable about him as a person.

We've talked about the new arena helping recruiting. We could see the benefits right away if we bring Bragg on board. As much as he "underachieved" at KU, he did average 5 and 4 in limited minutes. Feels similar to Washington in terms of not being used in a way for him to be productive. Washington could offer a lot of wisdom to Bragg about the great opportunity he could have here.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:46 PM   #34
mdchick
Elite Member
 
mdchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,341
mdchick is on a distinguished road
Just to be clear on the off the court issues with Bragg, he was accused of domestic violence by his girlfriend but was found innocent after the whole ordeal was caught on camera. She was trying to choke him and he pushed her off of him. It was one of the those stories the media new was a sensitive subject and turned it into something it wasn't.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 02:13 PM   #35
jacobkdoyle
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 12,712
jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Just to be clear on the off the court issues with Bragg, he was accused of domestic violence by his girlfriend but was found innocent after the whole ordeal was caught on camera. She was trying to choke him and he pushed her off of him. It was one of the those stories the media new was a sensitive subject and turned it into something it wasn't.
Yeah, Self was taking heat around here for not only not kicking him off the team, but for lifting his suspension after I think 1 or 2 games. But he clearly had details that weren't available to everyone at the time.

There are also rumblings here that Bragg took the fall on the paraphernalia charge so Mason wouldn't get in trouble. I have no idea how much there is to that, so take it fwiw.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:21 PM   #36
Jon Rycek
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 324
Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Yeah, Self was taking heat around here for not only not kicking him off the team, but for lifting his suspension after I think 1 or 2 games. But he clearly had details that weren't available to everyone at the time.

There are also rumblings here that Bragg took the fall on the paraphernalia charge so Mason wouldn't get in trouble. I have no idea how much there is to that, so take it fwiw.
Yeah I think if you look at his off the court issues in depth they really aren't all that bad. Obviously he was wrongly accused once and then so what he got caught with a little pot or a bowl or whatever. He's a college student, they make mistakes. Obviously he is ready for a fresh start and mick is definitely the guy to get him in the right direction. Would love to land this kid. We've all been so worried about when Clark and Washington leave, this would take a lot of that stress away. He could be a stud here. Let's get it. GO CATS
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., - All material on this Cincinnati Bearcat discussion forum is strictly for entertainment purposes only. This site and any pages within are in no way affiliated with the University of Cincinnati. Any images, copyrights, or trademarks used on this site are used under the "Fair Use Provision" of the Copyright Act for purposes of comment, criticism, and news reporting.