Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-09-2017, 10:32 AM   #351
Culvercc

Culvercc is on a distinguished road
I totally understand where you're coming from, but in all honesty you would be adding about 10 minutes MAX to your drive. Now I can't put myself in your shoes because I live in Newport, but I know the extra few miles wouldn't keep me from attending. We are going to have a great team next year that deserves our support regardless of the location.
Culvercc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:15 AM   #352
TheShoeFits

TheShoeFits will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
If this is true, count me out. I feel strongly that next years team will be very good, but if they take it across the river--count me out. Already traveling 90 miles from the north. Take it over to NKU I have to question--stunning!

I just checked Google Maps. BB&T Arena is literally 5 miles away from 5/3 Arena.
TheShoeFits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:18 AM   #353
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If this is true, count me out. I feel strongly that next years team will be very good, but if they take it across the river--count me out. Already traveling 90 miles from the north. Take it over to NKU I have to question--stunning!

Have you been there though? Its like 5 minutes from downtown and every single seat in the house is great.

Its a modern arena with plenty of parking. I was just there for an event with my daughter. We sat in the upper deck and wow, the view was probably as good as the upper seats in the lower level of fifth third. modern Concessions and all that. The only downside is probably traffic.

I'd rather not go to US bank
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:23 PM   #354
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Have you been there though? Its like 5 minutes from downtown and every single seat in the house is great.

Its a modern arena with plenty of parking. I was just there for an event with my daughter. We sat in the upper deck and wow, the view was probably as good as the upper seats in the lower level of fifth third. modern Concessions and all that. The only downside is probably traffic.

I'd rather not go to US bank
I'm good either way. Next year's team should be great.

I'd probably prefer US Bank for proximity to the Banks & parking, but I'm good either way.
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:18 PM   #355
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
This thread seems apt. I'm buying tickets to a game, how far back to the upper chairbacks go? Row 15 is the last with chairbacks right?
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:06 PM   #356
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCM View Post
This thread seems apt. I'm buying tickets to a game, how far back to the upper chairbacks go? Row 15 is the last with chairbacks right?
Yes.
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:40 PM   #357
GuyfromNKY

GuyfromNKY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Come on man. If you're already traveling 90 what's another 5-10?? If this team is going to be as good as we think 5-10 miles is nothing.
GuyfromNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:51 AM   #358
Z-Fly

Z-Fly is on a distinguished road
It would add an extra 20ish minutes to my drive, during rush hour. The road NKU is on is terrible during that time. I don't go to a lot of game anyways, but playing at NKU would take going to games out of my consideration.

Saying all of that, it sounds like they are getting a good deal. They should definitely do it. Maybe the new temporary location, will bring in some new fans. The arena looks great.

I think historically the majority of UC fans are from the west side of the city, so I think that is where your complaints are coming from. They are valid. It's not simply an extra 5 min, at all. It's only one year. It sounds like it's best for the program, so they have to do it.
Z-Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:53 AM   #359
LaxCat31

LaxCat31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bearcatdad View Post
I'm good either way. Next year's team should be great.

I'd probably prefer US Bank for proximity to the Banks & parking, but I'm good either way.
Parking will be worse and considerably more expensive at US Bank Arena if we were to play there.
LaxCat31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:42 PM   #360
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Not very happy about moving to Kentucky for a year when it could have been in Cincinnati at the banks with ample parking (and roads in and out) and restaurants and bars.

Won't change whether I keep my season tickets (I will and may add some) but may change who from my family can attend what games. 9pm game further away during the week may cut kid from attending.

Can't wait to get back to the on campus arena.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote