Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 07-06-2016, 12:07 PM   #11
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I hope Mike Boone gets 20+ touches per game. I also hope Gunner "The Pick 6 Machine" Kiel isn't the he starter.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:26 PM   #12
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
It doesn't have to be 100% about wins and losses to enjoy the experience. No doubt. But Tuberville is getting paid millions of dollars. You can't lose sight of that. At some point there has to be a breaking point. For me, being down 51-3 at halftime vs a South Florida team that barely made a bowl, basically calling our own bowl a vacation and going down 42-0 by the 3rd Q, and quitting the BYU game by punting down 14 with 4 minutes left and all of our timeouts (then not using any of those timeouts to get the ball back), are all completely inexcusable. Continuing to be unprepared isn't acceptable. And it's hard to just simply expect things to improve when you let those kind of things slide with no accountability.
I won't say that I am a huge Bearcats football fan, more of a casual follower, but reading this breakdown just made me so mad. The team last season looked unprepared more often than not. As a current student, I bought season tickets last year. My fellow students/ friends are all asking if we should get them this coming season and I keep saying I'll buy them on a game-by-game basis. If TT could't get them ready to play last season what, as a fan, should motivate me to buy season tickets? Like I said, casual fan here but I would definitely be more invested in the team if they bring on a new coach if this coming season is another 6-6 or 7-5 struggle where we look un-insterested and un-prepared more than once.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:14 PM   #13
jds513

jds513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if Moore starts and Trail gets some PT. Heard Trail has been a stud which I had no idea he was. If Kiel gets the starter job simply because he's senior that won't be good.
Moore will be the starter. Count on it. It's a fact. Tuberville will say it's a QB battle and the whole thing, but the starter is Hayden Moore.
jds513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:20 PM   #14
jds513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
I won't say that I am a huge Bearcats football fan, more of a casual follower, but reading this breakdown just made me so mad. The team last season looked unprepared more often than not. As a current student, I bought season tickets last year. My fellow students/ friends are all asking if we should get them this coming season and I keep saying I'll buy them on a game-by-game basis. If TT could't get them ready to play last season what, as a fan, should motivate me to buy season tickets? Like I said, casual fan here but I would definitely be more invested in the team if they bring on a new coach if this coming season is another 6-6 or 7-5 struggle where we look un-insterested and un-prepared more than once.
Buy them on a game by game basis anyways. $2/ ticket. Even if you go to every game, you still save $60. And the tickets don't sell out as quickly as people say. Just buy them online. Don't wait in the long ass line on Wednesday mornings.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:24 PM   #15
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
QB Starter

If we want to win, Kiel will be the starter.
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:54 PM   #16
jds513

Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
If we want to win, Kiel will be the starter.
LOL
Old 07-06-2016, 05:50 PM   #17
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
Reason for Kiel

The reason I said Kiel is because two of our first 3 games are extremely important--first game is a warm-up, but the next two are at Purdue and then Houston on short notice.
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:29 AM   #18
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jds513 View Post
Buy them on a game by game basis anyways. $2/ ticket. Even if you go to every game, you still save $60. And the tickets don't sell out as quickly as people say. Just buy them online. Don't wait in the long ass line on Wednesday mornings.
$2 a ticket? Is that true? I thought they'd be $10, minimum.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:17 PM   #19
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
@sbncollege
Examining UC's Pass Rush Problems https://t.co/oT1obXJOYn
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:57 PM   #20
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jds513 View Post
Moore will be the starter. Count on it. It's a fact. Tuberville will say it's a QB battle and the whole thing, but the starter is Hayden Moore.
Not really sure that Moore is better than Trail
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote