Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

View Poll Results: Who will be the next coach?
P.J. Fleck 24 53.33%
Charlie Strong 7 15.56%
Neal Brown 1 2.22%
Jason Candle 0 0%
Scott Satterfield 0 0%
Kerry Coombs 7 15.56%
Lincoln Riley 1 2.22%
Other 5 11.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2016, 05:22 PM   #11
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
All these coaching candidates are standing in line for the UC job. Although it has not been a P5 conference for the last 4 years, Tuberville got blamed for everything--recruiting especially. It is no longer the great job everyone thinks it is. Tell me what it has to offer.
Is he your uncle or something man?
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 07:51 PM   #12
XgradforUC

XgradforUC is on a distinguished road
The AAC is considered by virtually everyone as the best non-P5 conference, and for various reasons the upper echelon of the AAC would certainly be considered by most as on a par with the 2nd division P5 schools, and in some cases even better than them.

I would certainly put UC in that upper echelon of the AAC, irregardless of the results of this past season. The mere fact that UC was a leading candidate for any B12 expansion plans should say something about how they are viewed nationally.

Is it a top 40 job at present? Probably not. But it is certainly a top 40-60 job and has proven to be a job that someone can advance into a top 30 job from.
Jobs at that level don't open up all that often, and coaches that aspire to those positions know that they must take on advancement opportunities when they are given them.

UC has a LOT to offer.
XgradforUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 07:57 PM   #13
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
What did Chad say on the radio?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:33 AM   #14
jds513

jds513 is on a distinguished road
Mike Bohn will be on 700wlw with Rocky Boiman at noon today to discuss coaching search. He's been pretty transparent thus far. Can Bohnhead redeem himself with a good hire?
jds513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:13 AM   #15
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jds513 View Post
Mike Bohn will be on 700wlw with Rocky Boiman at noon today to discuss coaching search. He's been pretty transparent thus far. Can Bohnhead redeem himself with a good hire?
I think he's done a good job in the interviews I've heard from him about this. I'm optimistic that well get a very good coach.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:23 AM   #16
jds513

jds513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I think he's done a good job in the interviews I've heard from him about this. I'm optimistic that well get a very good coach.
I agree. I actually enjoy listening to the guy. I don't think he truly deserves the Bohnhead nickname, but it is hilarious. Props NTS
jds513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 12:53 PM   #17
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
In the last 10-12 years I would def put UC in the top 40 football programs. Not too many teams have been to as many bowl games as us, including 2 BCS games.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 01:04 PM   #18
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Tuberville struck out time and time again on recruiting. It's not th schools fault, it's the coaches. The school did everything necessary to stay in par with the bigger schools. There is no reason why UC should be losing recruits to northwestern and U.K. And Indiana. It took UC til the mid 20-30s before they could land a top recruit. I understand we can't compete with osu and mich, but U.K. Out recruiting us in our own city, that's a joke.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:06 PM   #19
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

So if we manage to land fleck, what's the thoughts on. Bringing Coombs in for d coordinator. He's not gonna leave osu for less than that I believe. His coaching ties in the city, his excellent recruiting skills, could they be worth it?
Old 12-06-2016, 01:24 PM   #20
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
So if we manage to land fleck, what's the thoughts on. Bringing Coombs in for d coordinator. He's not gonna leave osu for less than that I believe. His coaching ties in the city, his excellent recruiting skills, could they be worth it?
I'd rather make him Asst. HC rather than a coordinator if that would get him here. Tell him if he can make this coach successful- maybe he'd be ready to consider as HC for the next go-round.

Just a thought.
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote