I'm curious to where people would rank our program
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:52 PM   #22
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
This is a historical look at the programs not recent. If you look at what we accomplished under Jucker very few schools have had that kind of run.
If it was most recent I wouldn't put us in the dicussion. Our past is want helps
Old 03-29-2017, 02:06 PM   #23
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
A reminder that this is solely based on rankings within the AP Poll. Which does not mean anything about winning conference titles or tournament success.

Also of notes, http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/sala...ketball/coach/

Cronin was the 21st highest paid coach this year.

I really am not trying to start fights about the programs state of being nor about our coach. Just posting articles regarding UC hoops. Let's try and keep this civil please?
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:07 PM   #24
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Also, I don't think Gregg Marshall is leaving Wichita State anytime soon with that pay. That's crazy for a program of that size. He deserves it, though.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:13 PM   #25
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
A reminder that this is solely based on rankings within the AP Poll. Which does not mean anything about winning conference titles or tournament success.

I really am not trying to start fights about the programs state of being nor about our coach. Just posting articles regarding UC hoops. Let's try and keep this civil please?
I was just curious what people think. I think people view the program in very different lights and interested. If we are just talking the AP poll, that explains why we are on there
Old 03-29-2017, 02:17 PM   #26
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Also, I don't think Gregg Marshall is leaving Wichita State anytime soon with that pay. That's crazy for a program of that size. He deserves it, though.
They have the Koch brothers and no football team.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:42 PM   #27
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah, but this list isn't
http://fansided.com/2014/10/21/75-gr...ically-ranked/

And neither is this one........
http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebask...-24-cincinnati

In fact, almost all lists I've seen over the years have included UC somewhere in their Top 25. Many had us in the their Top 15 before the Mick era started and some have dropped us down a little in recent years. I'd say that an all time compilation of where a program has sat in the polls is also a VERY good indicator of the type of success a program has achieved.

Winners win and losers make excuses. Luckily for us the facts bear out that our program is made up of a lot more wins than our fanbase.

Never settle people.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:04 PM   #28
NKY Bearcat

NKY Bearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
It's funny that you mention the modern world and our apparel brand in the same post. Is there a more modern, forward thinking, creative brand than UA?
Sorry got busy with work and forgot to check on this thread.

The Jordan brand comment was referring to a former player (Logan or Stokes?) saying that if he was the coach the first thing he would do is get Jordan brand back for recruiting (I am not sure if this really has an effect). I was just pointing out there is a significant difference in times. Jordan brand I believe only works with 3-4 schools currently, and as you can guess, none are mid-majors.
NKY Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:30 PM   #29
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKY Bearcat View Post
Sorry got busy with work and forgot to check on this thread.

The Jordan brand comment was referring to a former player (Logan or Stokes?) saying that if he was the coach the first thing he would do is get Jordan brand back for recruiting (I am not sure if this really has an effect). I was just pointing out there is a significant difference in times. Jordan brand I believe only works with 3-4 schools currently, and as you can guess, none are mid-majors.
Georgetown and Marquette don't seem to be benefitting a whole lot these days from being Jordan brand. UA is growing every year in terms of number of schools they represent. And is definitely not a main point imo if you're arguing why we aren't elite.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:31 PM   #30
Binturong

Binturong is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I would say this year we played like a top 21 school so it would seem justified for him to be the 21st highest paid coach.
Binturong is offline   Reply With Quote