Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-05-2017, 06:14 PM   #51
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
My God. the UCONN forums are a mess.

They must be the most arrogant fans in the world. A couple of mentioned that somehow UCONN is the same conference as WSU as if WSU hasn't been better than them for multuple years running.

This is great for our conference no matter which way you slice it. Uconn needs to get over themselves.

Maybe they should win the AAC regular season title before complaining how bad our conference is. They are far and away the best recruiting team in the league and still cant win a conference title.
I go to their forums regularly, (don't post or anything), and this is nothing new. A lot of them put their self in the group with the Dukes and Kentucky. They do have championships. I'll give them that but they aren't the power they once were in the mid 2000s and it's going the wrong way fast
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:18 PM   #52
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Well....they have won some recent championships no?

Truth is they are too good for this conference. As are the Bearcats and Wichita State....but its the best of what's available at this time for all 3 of them.
If they didn't have those championships, it would be really bad. Not like they are destroying everyone in the regular season. But I'd rather have the championships too I guess
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:25 PM   #53
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
If they didn't have those championships, it would be really bad. Not like they are destroying everyone in the regular season. But I'd rather have the championships too I guess
Historically, UCONN wins in March. Because of that, they will be fine and they will never receive my sympathy.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:41 PM   #54
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
I just think uconn fans are really short sighted.

Like yea, we hate this league too,but if we're stuck in it, we might as well add any and all good non P5 basketball schools to help ourselves out.

Way too much ego from those guys. If uconn got its shit together, and so did Memphis, the AAC could rival leagues like the pac12 and the SEC.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:59 PM   #55
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Historically, UCONN wins in March. Because of that, they will be fine and they will never receive my sympathy.
They had a good 14 year run... before that, garbage. Now, garbage.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:49 PM   #56
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Well...they're in.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:17 PM   #57
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
@American_MBB
Coach Cronin has great respect for the newly added Wichita State Shockers

#WelcomeWichita https://t.co/3opXnZ3QAh
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:58 PM   #58
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
@American_MBB
Coach Cronin has great respect for the newly added Wichita State Shockers

#WelcomeWichita https://t.co/3opXnZ3QAh
Thumbs up !!!
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:19 PM   #59
Rocky Mountain Shock

Rocky Mountain Shock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBosch View Post
Do the Shockers still play in the "Roundhouse"?
Yes, kind of. The old Roundhouse, aka Henry Levitt Arena, was extensively renovated in the early 2000s. Basically, the structure was gutted down to its concrete skeleton and everything around it (concourses, etc) was built new. Charles Koch donated something like $10 million to the renovations so it was renamed Charles Koch Arena. However, many people still call it the Roundhouse.
Rocky Mountain Shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:35 PM   #60
Rocky Mountain Shock

Rocky Mountain Shock is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info on next year's Bearcats. I am well aware of Gary Clark, that dude is a tough matchup and I'm glad we'll only have to deal with one year of him. But I didn't realize you guys had 4 returning starters. Yikes. Just when I thought we had the upper hand in our first year in the conference...Sounds like our two programs are on a collision course for a couple of epic battles next year. Hopefully we cause each other a lot of heartburn in the seasons ahead; I could see this becoming a great rivalry if we can keep our end of the bargain up. We'll have 7 seniors next year, so 2019 will be difficult year to maintain the momentum we've built up over the last few.

I watched the video of the Fifth Third after renovations. Gonna be some nice digs you guys have after next season.
Rocky Mountain Shock is offline   Reply With Quote