Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2015 Recruiting Profiles

Old 03-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #21
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
The weird thing about his recruitment is everyone expects him to go to Syracuse because he is a high major talent in the area. To be honest there has been no indication whatsoever that he is a "lock" or even strongly leaning towards Syracuse. Don't be surprised if mick pulls off an upset with him. Just my gut.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:09 PM   #22
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
The weird thing about his recruitment is everyone expects him to go to Syracuse because he is a high major talent in the area. To be honest there has been no indication whatsoever that he is a "lock" or even strongly leaning towards Syracuse. Don't be surprised if mick pulls off an upset with him. Just my gut.
He has visited Syracuse on 3 separate occasions. That's a pretty strong indication there is major interest there from both sides.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:06 PM   #23
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Major interest yes however it's not unheard of for someone like Diagne is close proximity to a high major school to make that many "visits" to a campus. How many times did oj mayo and bill walker "visit" UC? Even Jabari Parker visited DePaul on 2-3 Seperate occasions reportedly. Is Syracuse the team to beat at the end of the day? Possibly. But to say well Syracuse is almost a lock or he is a heavy lean there is irresponsible considering he hasn't said a word about it.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:11 PM   #24
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

Also u have to take into account that Syracuse although they will lose 2 key big guys this year and a couple young ones who are 4 year players and also have signed one already in 2015 and one in the 2014 class. May be more immediate playing time here which is always an interest of a big time recruit.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:16 PM   #25
JackBauer151
Epic Member

Well I never said he was a Syracuse lean or almost a lock. However Syracuse doesnt lose too many top players from that area that they make a priority. All the recruiting analysts seem to think Cuse is where he is headed as well. Its not hard to figure out that Cuse is the team to beat at this point. Its also not irresponsible to say that.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:23 PM   #26
JackBauer151
Epic Member

Im also not saying UC doesnt have a chance with him. He is taking his time and his coach has said that along with Cuse that Memphis, Duke, Rutgers, and Kansas have been recruiting him the hardest. He is setting up visits over the summer and is open to any program. However Syracuse is the team to beat at this point in the process.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:06 PM   #27
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

Sorry jack I wasn't clear about my irresponsible comment i wasn't referring to you. True there are a lot of teams in the mix but coach savino and Cronin have had a lot of success in the northeast recruiting and the Lawrence connection only helps us here. I would agree Syracuse is the favorite but like u said he's open to any program and anyone here has a chance.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:01 AM   #28
TrillCosby

TrillCosby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
There has been plenty of indication that he is a Syracuse lean.
TrillCosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:18 AM   #29
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

Indication from recruiting experts isn't always a good thing to go by. Yes Syracuse is going to be hard to beat but like I said before until Diagne comes out and comments on his top schools I'm going to reserve judgement.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:11 AM   #30
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Didn't 24/7 have him crystal balled to UC?
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote