Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cronin's Corner

Old 04-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #11
ready2go
Elite Member

ready2go is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
I would love to see the Bengals draft Lattimore in round 7 IF he is still on the board. The possibility of his upside if he comes back from injury makes my mouth water.
True. They could still get him in the 7th and a decent one 2nd pick today or later. He'd prob be a year away from seeing the field. If we got a decent one plus him healthy next season.... Ben Jarvis and Scott are ok, but we need some guys who can make a guy miss or out run people
ready2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #12
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If the Bengals draft Te'o before getting a S I am going to jump out a window. They can get good value on a RB in round 3 but really need a S first in round two. If Andre Smith is signed before the draft tonight, then maybe...MAYBE they can take Te'o in round 2. If not, they need to get a good RT.

Te'o is not a special player. He is a decent player that is easily found in this draft or any other draft. He isn't a Pro Bowl caliber player IMO.
I agree about getting a safety first. There was a revised mock draft (espn) after the results of the first round that had the Bengals getting the Honey Badger - I'm not advocating that by the way.

I think Te'o represents an upgrade over Maualuga. I really like Montee Ball but would take the RB out of North Carolina if he's available later in the draft.

As far as a tackle, Watson from Fla St. could be intrigiung.

My prediction (which I'm often wrong) is that they take Te'o with the first pick...please no window jumping!!
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #13
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2go View Post
Take Cyprien then get the best available RB. Wouldnt mind La'vian Bell. Big upside, unless we find a way to get Lacy

Forget which magazine said it, but that TE we got is the best skilled player in the draft. With him down the middle and AJ Green wide, it makes it tough on a defense. Now if we can get a RB who can make guys miss or run through a tackle.... very excited

Oh and please DO NOT take Teo. He is Keith Rivers 2.0. To slow and not good in space. As well as very undersized to play Middle in the NFL. We already have him in Rey. Hopefullly with Burfict and Harrison on the outside Rey will have less to worry about
It was said by multiple sources that he is the 2nd best player in the draft overall. Right behind Chance Warmack
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #14
ready2go
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat22 View Post
I agree about getting a safety first. There was a revised mock draft (espn) after the results of the first round that had the Bengals getting the Honey Badger - I'm not advocating that by the way.

I think Te'o represents an upgrade over Maualuga. I really like Montee Ball but would take the RB out of North Carolina if he's available later in the draft.

As far as a tackle, Watson from Fla St. could be intrigiung.

My prediction (which I'm often wrong) is that they take Te'o with the first pick...please no window jumping!!
Crazier things have happened with our draft picks, but with the signing of Harrison, joining Rey and Burfict, I dont see us taking Teo. Im not impressed at all with him. Hes decent, but no better than Rey. Plus that kid we drafted last season, who went directly to prison is back. haha. But I hear they are calling him a freak and like his ability.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #15
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
True. They could still get him in the 7th and a decent one 2nd pick today or later. He'd prob be a year away from seeing the field. If we got a decent one plus him healthy next season.... Ben Jarvis and Scott are ok, but we need some guys who can make a guy miss or out run people
Scott can't stay healthy. If the Bengals can get a good running back in round two and find a way to get Lattimore in the seventh round, Scott's days could be numbered.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:29 AM   #16
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Crazier things have happened with our draft picks, but with the signing of Harrison, joining Rey and Burfict, I dont see us taking Teo. Im not impressed at all with him. Hes decent, but no better than Rey. Plus that kid we drafted last season, who went directly to prison is back. haha. But I hear they are calling him a freak and like his ability.
I'm totally blanking on the guy that went to prison. Who is it?

Lattimore as a flyer later in the draft would be great.
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #17
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We still have Thomas Howard too right?
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #18
ready2go
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
We still have Thomas Howard too right?
Good question...

Not sure how he rehab'd from injury but he was/is a free agent
Old 04-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #19
ready2go
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat22 View Post
I'm totally blanking on the guy that went to prison. Who is it?

Lattimore as a flyer later in the draft would be great.
Brandon Joiner. Started out at Texas A&M and ended up at Arkansas State because of off field issues. Of course we would get him....but could be another Burfict. Lets hope
Old 04-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #20
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I would love to see the Bengals draft Lattimore in round 7 IF he is still on the board. The possibility of his upside if he comes back from injury makes my mouth water.
Completely forgot about him. I heard Mel Kiper say George Winn is his Alfred Morris sleeper back this year. Although I am biased, picking George in the late rounds would be very nice. If the Honey Badger is still around in the 3rd or 4th, I wouldn't mind taking a shot. Lacy is no Richardson, but he is a very good back and could really help us out. IMO, T'eo is very average, reminds me of Rey. Lots of tackles in college doesn't always add up in the pros. It would be nice to see the Bengals sign Walter Stewart as an undrafted free agent. 2-4 round talent prior to the injury, definitely worth a flyer. We need an o-line,an at some point, hopefully 3-5 rounds we could grab one. Another good receiver to complement AJ would be nice, also, but there aren't many good WRs in this draft.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote