Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2015 Recruiting Profiles

Old 09-11-2014, 11:28 AM   #71
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weez1414 View Post
Well at least some see my point. And I also just dont look at rankings but the proof is in the pudding the higher ranked guys are the better players and it ain't close. I understand theirs diamonds in the rough in high school and JUCO but you cant count on that. And my major point wasnt to bash UC but this conference alignment I believe is huge. I guess one thing IM sick of I's when the D plays lights out but they lose 44-41. I'm sorry but a D1 program should score 60 falling out of bed if not holding opposition to 41 you should win. Noone can argue the offense has been dreadful with one guy doing all the scoring while others watch. Weren't the charges dropped on Graham after a while I thought. Anyways go CATS.
I'm hoping this years team stops the trend of 1 guy scoring all the points. I believe we had 4 guys over 11 ppg in our Sweet 16 season (not gonna look it up). Thats how you win with "diamonds in the rough". I agree with your point about the higher rated players typically having better careers...and Yancy was a 5 star on that team...but youre acting like we never land those players anymore. We just had a 5 star freshman last year. Since the Sweet 16 run have we had a class that hasn't had at least a 4 star player?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote