Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2017, 12:58 PM   #1
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Gary Clark

Gary will be our only 4th year SR and for me it's time he gets his due. It's my own fault really. There was a time I thought of Gary as being just a very solid overall player. He's not flashy. He doesn't score 15+ppg. He doesn't block 3 shots per game and doesn't average 13 rebounds. I took him for granted.

Yet he may very well have been the most valuable player over his career. He's one of the best all around players in the conference year in and year out. Quality PF's are hard to come by in the HS market because they are so highly sought after. We had to transfer in Ellis and Washington for 2 years. Gary will have played all 4 of those at a pretty high level.

He does SOOO many things above average. He blocks, scores in the paint, can make a 3, defends, assists, sets picks, rebounds, listens, doesn't complain, doesn't make mistakes, plays 30 minutes when required.

Gary has never even thought to ask the fans to thank him I'm sure. But thank you Gary!!!! Sometimes you don't know what you miss until it's gone. I would rather just go ahead and celebrate his last year rather than wait until it's over.

Last edited by waterhead; 09-22-2017 at 01:04 PM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:49 PM   #2
ThomasMac

ThomasMac is on a distinguished road
I can't wait to see his senior season. He will be 100% healthy as well, whereas last year he was constantly battling some lower extremity injuries.
ThomasMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:58 PM   #3
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Gary will be our only 4th year SR and for me it's time he gets his due. It's my own fault really. There was a time I thought of Gary as being just a very solid overall player. He's not flashy. He doesn't score 15+ppg. He doesn't block 3 shots per game and doesn't average 13 rebounds. I took him for granted.

Yet he may very well have been the most valuable player over his career. He's one of the best all around players in the conference year in and year out. Quality PF's are hard to come by in the HS market because they are so highly sought after. We had to transfer in Ellis and Washington for 2 years. Gary will have played all 4 of those at a pretty high level.

He does SOOO many things above average. He blocks, scores in the paint, can make a 3, defends, assists, sets picks, rebounds, listens, doesn't complain, doesn't make mistakes, plays 30 minutes when required.

Gary has never even thought to ask the fans to thank him I'm sure. But thank you Gary!!!! Sometimes you don't know what you miss until it's gone. I would rather just go ahead and celebrate his last year rather than wait until it's over.
Absolutely! If someone asked me to pick the overall best Bearcat player....the one I would pick first from this roster to start a team from scratch, it's Gary without a moment's hesitation.
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 04:58 PM   #4
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
Absolutely! If someone asked me to pick the overall best Bearcat player....the one I would pick first from this roster to start a team from scratch, it's Gary without a moment's hesitation.
He did make one Pre-season All-America Team

https://blueribbonyearbook.com/blogs...eason-rankings
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:11 PM   #5
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
I'm 26 years old and started really getting into cincy basketball in 2001, Gary Clark is my favorite bearcat of all time. I will cry on his senior night.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:12 PM   #6
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
I already have tears forming thinking of Gary leaving us. He is so darn good and makes it look so easy. He does so much on the floor it's going to be such a loss when he is gone. Hands down, one of my favorite Bearcats
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote