Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2016 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-25-2016, 01:28 PM   #931
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Regardless of all these excuses, it's just that excuses.

The coaching staff is suppose to fill out a roster. They haven't done that very often. They always say....pocket scholly....next years class is the important one....we are in on a soooo many good players for next years class......

Bottom line, we aren't filling out scholarships. It hurts as we aren't getting 1 & dones so we need to get players into the program and develop them. Bringing in a bunch of freshman/transfers next year to start right away is a very scary situation in my mind.

I like we have a new arena coming. I wish we were in a power conference. Because those are the only 2 excuses left for not performing on the recruiting trail. We will not be successful. We may do enough to make the tourney which is a great thing, but we may continue to lose in the first round.....yuck.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:47 PM   #932
jtsladder@aol.com

jtsladder@aol.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
We all know why they don't come. It has nothing to do with Nike, Adidas, or any other brand. They watch our offense on TV and cross us off the list. If we played an exciting brand of basketball, and players were showing great improvement, and we were moving players on to the NBA, they would come here and wear Bermuda shorts and flip flops to play.
If you really believe that is true, you have no clue. Style of play is probably last on their list. Some will say yea that style fits my game, but that's not why the commit.
jtsladder@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:40 PM   #933
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Per Jeff Goodman, the Martin twins decided to attend Nevada.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 09:14 PM   #934
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsladder@aol.com View Post
If you really believe that is true, you have no clue. Style of play is probably last on their list. Some will say yea that style fits my game, but that's not why the commit.
That simply isn't true.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 12:11 AM   #935
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Per Jeff Goodman, the Martin twins decided to attend Nevada.
WHAT ?
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 04:47 AM   #936
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
WHAT ?
lots of playing time for both.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 06:51 AM   #937
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
WHAT ?
Lol, I did a double take when I read that as well.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:05 AM   #938
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
I guess they really like being a part of the Wolfpack.
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:15 AM   #939
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Yeah, we might have oversold the Martin twins a little. Nobody wants to use two schollys to wait a year for them. Plus, with Broome, we'd have 3 guys waiting for next year using schollys.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:22 AM   #940
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Alot of posters are taking certain comments as excuses. Fact is, it's not an excuse, it's the reality of the situation. We are not a premier program anymore and are not capable of taking a highly touted NIKE kid away from that connection. I'm not sure who said it but Cronin had to fend out NIKE schools for Cumberland until he signed, that's a fact. These are not excuses for Mick, they are reasons he's not able to get the guys he's been used to getting in the past at UofL and UC.

For those saying these are excuses I want you to look at the last 3-4 recruiting classes. Find the top rated classes in the country. Then do the research as to what affiliation their AAU teams had with shoes companies and then the shoe company the college they committed to. You'll find there is a whole lot of similarities.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote