Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-02-2017, 10:05 AM   #51
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
I think my only contribution to this thread is this: Why is it that every time Mick speaks his mind and shows his displeasure in something, it's viewed as "whining"? Is it because he's 5'7"? I mean, guys like Bob Knight were always upset, and were never called whiners. Is it because they look tougher or something? I just don't get it. Being asked a direct question and having an honest opinion about it is not whining.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:06 AM   #52
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
There are those on here that clearly try to get a rise out of people the way McAlister/Furman do

The NCAA is a bidness, they will run things accordingly. What bidness doesn't try to make more revenue than last year?
Old 03-02-2017, 10:06 AM   #53
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I think it's a valid discussion but then again you are saying the coach has "never actually won anything". Seems loaded...lol!
He hasn't won anything. There is reason for some to be critical. Being critical and being a "Mick hater" are two entirely different things.

When Mick wins big many of the reasons to criticize him go away.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:08 AM   #54
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
He hasn't won anything. There is reason for some to be critical. Being critical and being a "Mick hater" are two entirely different things.

Agreed.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:09 AM   #55
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:

There is no point which is why I've stuck to the #DumpMick narrative. If they are going to call us Mick haters for objective criticism, might as well embrace it...
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:13 AM   #56
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I will have a discussion about mick with things that actually make sense, the offense at times, him whining, not winning anything, etc.. but I don't think getting mad at this makes much sense
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:13 AM   #57
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I think it's a valid discussion but then again you are saying the coach has "never actually won anything". Seems loaded...lol!
So I am of the opinion that our coach could raise the bar...but what has he won?

Well, he has been to the dance 7 years in a row. He is one game from finishing off an undefeated home season. I am guessing a lot of coaches don't have either opportunity. In fact there are very VERY few.

Now, he hasn't advanced past sweet 16 and his road performance is horrible. So where do we draw the line as to "not actually having won anything??

How can we say "he hasn't won anything"? So let's change the discussion to actual facts. He has done some very good things...maybe not up to certain fan's expectations...but he has met some expectations of other fans right?

My expectations, as well as most fans, are probably pretty high. So maybe he hasn't met those highest expectations but he has certainly met the lowest ones I would assume.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:14 AM   #58
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
There is no point which is why I've stuck to the #DumpMick narrative. If they are going to call us Mick haters for objective criticism, might as well embrace it...
Do you realize how horrible UC would look if they fired Coach Cronin after this season? Why would any coach take this job if going 25-4, getting a Top 5 seed, and having the 2nd longest home winning streak in the country (among other things) isn't good enough?

If you don't actually believe he should be fired, you're trolling.

If you do actually believe he should be fired, you have zero credibility.

Your choice.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:18 AM   #59
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Definition of trolling
Old 03-02-2017, 10:20 AM   #60
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:

He did win an AAC title and AAC Coach of the Year. Also won our pod in the NCAA Tournament in 2012. Won our early season tournament last year. Things like that. I'm right there with you on Conference Titles, Conference Tournament Titles, deep runs, etc...but our coach isn't a loser. There are lots of loser coaches out there, ask someone like Kyle Washington what that's like.