Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-26-2018, 03:09 PM   #331
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
In my opinion, I see Trevor Moore Hovering around 40% from here on out as a bearcat.

His release is perfect. And it will only get better. Never judge a shooter by his freshman year. Next year, i think will see more plays being ran for him and he should be getting open more.

I have 100% confidence in him as a shooter. I see him as our 3 & D player and nearly every good team has this type of player. Trevor will be an all time great shooter at UC.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 03:14 PM   #332
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
In my opinion, I see Trevor Moore Hovering around 40% from here on out as a bearcat.

His release is perfect. And it will only get better. Never judge a shooter by his freshman year. Next year, i think will see more plays being ran for him and he should be getting open more.

I have 100% confidence in him as a shooter. I see him as our 3 & D player and nearly every good team has this type of player. Trevor will be an all time great shooter at UC.
I hope you are right. I like the kids hustle and d. If he had been a more efficient shooter this year it would have added the punch we apparently needed.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:50 AM   #333
skylinecat

skylinecat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
I hope you are right. I like the kids hustle and d. If he had been a more efficient shooter this year it would have added the punch we apparently needed.
Its hard to judge him by this year. I obviously don't hang out in the locker room or at practice, but watching the games you could tell that Gary/Kyle/Evans and to a lesser extent Cumberland were a force around the team and it had to have been hard to break into the group. Not that they weren't welcoming or anything, but there just weren't a lot of shots or opportunities to go around for the new guys.

I think this year, guys like Moore and Williams will be a lot more comfortable while playing. Williams in particular had Quadri Moore syndrome where he felt like he had to score 15 points in his 4 minutes of playing time and looked out of control. That will go away as he gets more minutes.
skylinecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 11:51 AM   #334
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

I would love for him to shoot 40%...but I'd rather him shoot 35-36% as a volume guy. If he's going to be an all time great shooter at UC, he has to be a gunner. I'd rather him shoot maybe a few too many sometimes during his SO year and build towards being one of those elite 3 point makers around the country, than do the Jermaine Sanders thing of only shooting a few per game. Even if for Moore that would mean a little higher %. I'm not saying that you want it to the be that way, but I just personally would sacrifice a few % points this year for the long run of his career. He needs to be ready to fire without any hesitation.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 12:27 PM   #335
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

I'm going to take a stab at the minutes game

Broome 24
Jenifer 15
L Johnson 6
Cumberland 34
Moore 22
Williams 16
Scott 24
Fredericks 16
Diarra 13
Brooks 16
Nsoseme 14
Hardnett RS

The 6 looks weird for Logan Johnson but I think he could have quite a few games playing well over that, and then in bigger games barely getting in/not getting in at all. I know the games he wouldn't get in wouldn't count against his average. I'm just trying to think about it in terms of when it's all said and done...6 minutes is 15% of the minutes at a position.

Hardnett doesn't seem physically ready. It could benefit him to get stronger and to create a little distance between himself and the others at the position, eligibility wise. I'm sure Scott doesn't regret it.

The 3/4/5 spots are pretty wide open for whoever wants to go grab their spot.

Starters
Broome
Moore
Williams
Scott
Brooks

We'll need Cumberland's scoring off the bench. Jk,

Starters
Jenifer
Cumberland
Moore
Fredericks
Scott

Wouldn't be surprised by
Jenifer
Cumberland
Moore
Scott
Brooks

I would prefer
Broome
Cumberland
Williams
Fredericks
Scott
I say this bc it'd be nice to establish some dribble drives and high screens early in the games. For better or for worse, we need to see something out of Williams. The team won't be as good as it could possibly be if he doesn't become a bigger factor. A lot of that is going to be on him. But it'd be nice to have 3 attackers early on. Moore could benefit from this if he comes in and is able to take advantage of the defense being on their heels and making them pay with a couple 3s right when he gets in. Nsoseme's only job on offense should be to set screens and crash the glass. We really should be one of the better rebounding teams out there bc we have a lot of guys who can rebound in space. That's a very good thing. Hopefully we don't force the Cumberland PG stuff too often. He can obviously do it. But I don't think it'd be good to stall out the rest of the team to have it all revolve around him. He's good enough that he'll be able to get his in the flow of the game. It's about picking his spots more than anything I think. He had no issue taking shots and taking over with Clark, Washington, and Evans around. Just imagine what he'll be doing next year. If teams want to really try to take him away, it'll be important to have Moore, Broome, Jenifer and Fredericks (and Diarra and Williams?) making outside shots. That's the part where I get worried.

I don't remember what my earlier prediction was. I think I said 22-9 and 13-5 AAC. I kind of want to stick to that and I kind of want to say 23-8 and 14-4. Hard to tell what the conference road games will look like. And I worry we may drop a few in the non-con as we figure out how to adjust to life without 50% of our scoring. Washington bailed us out so often over the last 2 years. He's going to be hard to replace offensively. I have hopes for Diarra. But he may just be so far away from understanding the game at this level. Making some shots/plays this year would be nice though. He has to be allowed to play through mistakes.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:26 PM   #336
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I'm going to take a stab at the minutes game

Broome 24
Jenifer 15
L Johnson 6
Cumberland 34
Moore 22
Williams 16
Scott 24
Fredericks 16
Diarra 13
Brooks 16
Nsoseme 14
Hardnett RS

Wouldn't be surprised by
Jenifer
Cumberland
Moore
Scott
Brooks

I would prefer
Broome
Cumberland
Williams
Fredericks
Scott

can you afford to bring in scoring off the bench when you don't have scoring in your starting lineup? i don't see a way cumberland and broome can be off the court for very long. who on earth could you count on to score?

Jenifer
Cumberland
Moore
Scott
Brooks

where do points come from? With no scoring bigs teams won't be forced to double the post and with a non penetrating PG Moore isn't going to be able to stand and get open 3's. Thats a ton of pressure and responsibility just on cumberland.

you have to go back to what 2008 to find an offense this challenged for us? 0 point to have brought broome in if you don't hand over the keys this year.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:19 PM   #337
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
can you afford to bring in scoring off the bench when you don't have scoring in your starting lineup? i don't see a way cumberland and broome can be off the court for very long. who on earth could you count on to score?

Jenifer
Cumberland
Moore
Scott
Brooks

where do points come from? With no scoring bigs teams won't be forced to double the post and with a non penetrating PG Moore isn't going to be able to stand and get open 3's. Thats a ton of pressure and responsibility just on cumberland.

you have to go back to what 2008 to find an offense this challenged for us? 0 point to have brought broome in if you don't hand over the keys this year.
If Mick can avoid the temptation to start that lineup, I'll consider it progress.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:01 PM   #338
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Broome-28
Cumberland-35
Evans-36
Fredricks-27
Scott-25
Jenifer-12
Brooks-9
Moore-8
Williams8
Diarra-5
Nosoeme-5
Johnson-2
Hardnett-redshirt
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 07:37 PM   #339
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
If Mick can avoid the temptation to start that lineup, I'll consider it progress.
Lol start a poll - Well Jennifer start or Broome ?
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:24 PM   #340
bearcat81

bearcat81 is on a distinguished road
Nba combine invites went out Friday. Anybody know if Evans got one?
bearcat81 is offline   Reply With Quote