Old 02-15-2018, 08:01 AM   #201
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
UCF wins, drops a couple spots to 59.
Mississippi St loses, falls to 69.
Tulane loses, falls to 145, out of Group 2.
SMU loses, falls to 94.
Florida loses, falls to 54. They are now a Group 2 loss.
Wyoming loses, falls to 76.

Absolutely horrible day for UC's resume.
Yikes!!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:34 AM   #202
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
UCF wins, drops a couple spots to 59.
Mississippi St loses, falls to 69.
Tulane loses, falls to 145, out of Group 2.
SMU loses, falls to 94.
Florida loses, falls to 54. They are now a Group 2 loss.
Wyoming loses, falls to 76.

Absolutely horrible day for UC's resume.
Before this day I think we were ranked #7 in quality rank on T-rank. Those are tourney quality games. We are #17 today. Brutal
Old 02-15-2018, 10:54 AM   #203
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Before this day I think we were ranked #7 in quality rank on T-rank. Those are tourney quality games. We are #17 today. Brutal
Well when hanging your hat on Buffalo, Miss state, etc that can happen. SMU injuries certainly hurts.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:56 AM   #204
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Well when hanging your hat on Buffalo, Miss state, etc that can happen. SMU injuries certainly hurts.
Actually any team can lose so...
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 11:23 AM   #205
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
I don't think anyone hung their hat on Buffalo or Miss St. I think we hung our hats on 23-2. UCF injuries hurt and so did SMU....but we had a chance to play each at full force or near it.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:36 AM   #206
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I don't think anyone hung their hat on Buffalo or Miss St. I think we hung our hats on 23-2. UCF injuries hurt and so did SMU....but we had a chance to play each at full force or near it.
There are very few teams (maybe 2 or 3) that got to play UCF with both Taylor and Fall in the game at the same time...we did. We also got to play SMU with both Foster and Milton (and Ray). We crushed SMU at home and we won double digits away against UCF.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:49 AM   #207
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Guys, we can sit here and talk all day about our wins and how much quality they have or don't have, but I think we all know deep down that this Houston and WSU game this week is truly it. It's almost like we are really going to learn what our team is made up of and if we can win the big game. I mean I hate to say it but any top 10 to 15 team or so given our schedule would probably have the same record. I mean you put Duke, UNC or any team like that in our shoes and I bet they are 23-2 also. I hate to say it but I just think its the truth. I mean it's really not putting us down because we are a top 10 team and I don't think outside the 10-15 could do what we have done and that says a lot to have no slip ups. These two games though have the ability to help us gain some serious respect and confidence. Two tournament teams. And WSU I think is a top ten team even if they have been struggling a little. I wouldn't want to play them in the tourney. They have what it takes. Lets show up!

Last edited by GarradJ21; 02-15-2018 at 11:56 AM.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 11:53 AM   #208
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Guys we can sit here and talk all day about our wins and how much quality it has to it or doesn't have, but I think we all know deep down that this Houston and WSU game this week is truly it. It's almost like we are really going to learn what our team is made up of and can we win the big game. I mean I hate to say it but any top 10 team or so given our schedule would probably have the same record. I mean you put Duke in our shoes I bet they are 23-2. I hate to say it but I just think its the truth. These two games though have the ability to gain some serious respect. Two tournament teams. And WSU I think is a top ten team even if they have been struggling a little. I wouldn't want to play them in the tourney. They have what it takes. Lets show up!

Agreed - but I don't want to put TOO much stock in dropping 1 of the 2. Winning 17/18 is nothing to temper expectations over. BUT, winning 18 of 18, just means I will have the highest hopes since #22 from Cleveland wore a Jersey come March. And all I want is for it to end differently this time.
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:36 PM   #209
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Thursday Feb 15th 2018

Temple @ Wichita St
7pm ESPN2
Temple at RPI 40, need to finish 4-1 for top 30. Wichita at RPI 19, need to go 2-4 for top 30. WSU has an 84% chance to win.

Tulsa @ UConn
7pm ESPNU
Tulsa at RPI 95, need to go 5-1 for top 75. UConn at RPI 99, need to go 5-1 for top 75 or 1-5 for top 135.

Oregon St @ UCLA
11pm FS1
UCLA at RPI 52, need to go 1-4 for top 75. 79% chance to win.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:13 AM   #210
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Wichita St wins, improves to 17. Temple moves up to 38.
Tulsa wins, improves to 87. UConn falls to 113.
UCLA wins, improves to 50.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote