Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-19-2018, 12:16 PM   #581
UC86

UC86 is on a distinguished road
The thing about this loss that really stings for me, is that all year I knew we were good, but I always had my doubts about making a run in the tourney. This team had games where they looked great on defense, but meh on offense and vice versa. I was waiting for a game where they put it all together, and we got that in the first 30 mins of this game. In the first 30 mins of this game, they looked better than they have all year. They looked like a team that I thought could win the title. And that’s what stings for me, we all finally got the game we wanted from them, but the it fell apart in the final 10 mins.
UC86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:20 PM   #582
Weez1414

Weez1414 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Have know idea why we started settling for jump shots when we had them in foul trouble very early in the half. Evans was getting to the rim at will and we kept shooting jumpers.
EXACTLY!!! AND THAT WAS THE GAME
Weez1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:31 PM   #583
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I'm with you. Nevada was on something like a 15-2 run, and people want mick to bench the only player that has been able to create the last couple games? You have to trust your players in that situation. Looking back, of course it looks like the wrong move, but in the moment, I think he had to keep him in. It was the only chance we had. They had guys in foul trouble too that played the whole game.
We were up 7 points. I could understand being down 7 and leaving him in...not up 7. It speaks to the desperation Cronin was in at the time. We were ****ing up 7 points!!! He got nervous and choked rather than calming down and being rational with a lead.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:43 PM   #584
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
We were up 7 points. I could understand being down 7 and leaving him in...not up 7. It speaks to the desperation Cronin was in at the time. We were ****ing up 7 points!!! He got nervous and choked rather than calming down and being rational with a lead.
Went from 22 to 7 in about 3 minutes. It was going the wrong direction fast. we needed a basket and they were basically playing a zone. they were putting 2-3 on the post players so we needed a play maker. Jacob was terrible the 2nd half. when cane played he wasn't much better. who else was going to make a play? trevor? keith? I see your point but I understand the desperation.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:44 PM   #585
bpc

bpc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
This is weird, stupid, and lazy. If you want to criticize him, make it about the job he's doing.
Wittle Mick being a sawed off little pansy turd who makes up for it with bluster isnt a HUGE part of the problem? Not rational.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:00 PM   #586
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Another thing that sucks, is I think that team was about 1 shot away from qiving up. we couldn't finish
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:20 PM   #587
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Wittle Mick being a sawed off little pansy turd who makes up for it with bluster isnt a HUGE part of the problem? Not rational.
Can we ban him now? No need for this garbage. I have been very critical of micks coaching in this game but it's indicative of this persons IQ to attack him this way.

I hope this is a legit crossroads for mick where he decides to grow from this and focus on improving his coaching. This loss has to be different from other losses. He has to reflect and correct.
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:13 PM   #588
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Yeah I really feel for them too.
I feel nothing for the coaching staff. Do you know what they get paid for the privilege to coach these freakish athletes? Plenty. Their checks are still coming unfortunately. If your going to hurt hurt for the kids. They have 4 years to live their dreams and can never get those back. Overall though the memories of Gary and Kyle are very sweet. Kyle already said he could not be more happy with his days in Cincinnati.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:22 PM   #589
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
We have to own up to the fact that we beat NOBODY this year. Witchitah State you say where are the now? Houston - same deal. Florida crushes us and is out. Same with Xavier. We are all sad because we drank the coolaide of overrated rankings. Let’s face it we belong where we ended. Maybe a top 20 team, not much better.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:41 AM   #590
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
We have to own up to the fact that we beat NOBODY this year. Witchitah State you say where are the now? Houston - same deal. Florida crushes us and is out. Same with Xavier. We are all sad because we drank the coolaide of overrated rankings. Let’s face it we belong where we ended. Maybe a top 20 team, not much better.
Apparently folks on Bearcattalk know more than just about every analyst in the country. If you wanna down play beating Wichita @ home, on senior day, during the first ever CBS broadcast at their arena then do you. Diminish Houston for losing on a buzzer beater to the most picked team (and probably hottest team in the country) to come out of that bracket? That works too i guess. It was a historic collapse, yes, but that team showed how good they are. I want tournament success as bad as anyone, but looking back and shitting on the season of UC and many other teams based on the performance of a single elimination tournament is beyond absurd to me.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote