Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2018, 07:11 PM   #151
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Lol. I bet there was plenty of fire Jamie Dixon fans at Pitt after 2 9th place finishes.

I bet Kevin stallings made them ultra happy!

And if we fire a cosch after winning both the league and the league tourney, what cosch in their right mind takes this job ?

Part of me hopes mick tries for the Pitt job. And leaves us high and dry so we can really feel what it’s like to suck.

Will be a lower middle of the pack team in a shitty conference
No you don't. Give it till Sunday and the hurt will disapate enough to see again. I think back to the rebuilding years and am fine to NOT do that for a very very long time.
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:15 PM   #152
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
Like I told the Mrs. it was how we lost...not the loss itself. Make sense? I'll get over it. It'll be tough, but I'll rediscover that fire to believe again. Cumberland, man. Dudes gonna be impossible not to be excited about. Plus I think Cane Broome is going to have a phenomenal senior year.
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:51 PM   #153
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
why would part of you hope we suck? add this to the list of the dumbest things ever said on here
Makes about as much sense as calling for firing a coach with back to back 30 win seasons, regular season and tournament champs in a conference with 3 top 25 teams, and one of the longest consecutive tournament appearance streaks in the country. People tend to say some dumb ass stuff.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:57 PM   #154
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Was cronin the one missing lay ups and making stupid fouls the last five minutes? Our guys lost that game, not the coach
I don't understand this. Of course he wasn't. But why not call timeout before the lead shrinks to 10. Huggins used to do the same thing. Only he would wait even longer. Call timeout, tell them to stop shooting darn jump shots! Tell them to spread the Floor. Drive to the hole, Force the ref to blow the whistle and win the game at the line.

There were two ridiculous and one foulss we committed. That was on the players. If the guy's going to score a layup, get the heck out of the way. Call timeout, get your team together and get their heads on straight.

I don't want him to be fired but I agree I'm starting to see his ceiling. Out of all of that rant, the biggest simple way to summarize would be:

1. call timeout earlier.
2. Tell your team to stop shooting jump shots, and drive the ball because you're almost in the bonus.

Last edited by ZCat; 03-19-2018 at 11:00 PM.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:12 AM   #155
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
I don't understand this. Of course he wasn't. But why not call timeout before the lead shrinks to 10. Huggins used to do the same thing. Only he would wait even longer. Call timeout, tell them to stop shooting darn jump shots! Tell them to spread the Floor. Drive to the hole, Force the ref to blow the whistle and win the game at the line.

There were two ridiculous and one foulss we committed. That was on the players. If the guy's going to score a layup, get the heck out of the way. Call timeout, get your team together and get their heads on straight.

I don't want him to be fired but I agree I'm starting to see his ceiling. Out of all of that rant, the biggest simple way to summarize would be:

1. call timeout earlier.
2. Tell your team to stop shooting jump shots, and drive the ball because you're almost in the bonus.
I honestly don't believe he failed to tell them to stop shooting jump shots...not that it should take a coach to tell you that, but still.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:39 PM   #156
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Well Kenyon Martin’s stupid Ass is dissing mick Cronin with his memes on instagram.

It’s hilarious and I pointed it out to him how many sweet 16’s he played in. Which is exactly zero. In fact, his teams were upset 3x by 6 seeds and even worse a 10 seed.

Screw that dude.

Huggins is a loser too. Just a loser with a few almost famous years to keep people off his back
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:49 PM   #157
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Well Kenyon Martin’s stupid Ass is dissing mick Cronin with his memes on instagram.

It’s hilarious and I pointed it out to him how many sweet 16’s he played in. Which is exactly zero. In fact, his teams were upset 3x by 6 seeds and even worse a 10 seed.

Screw that dude.

Huggins is a loser too. Just a loser with a few almost famous years to keep people off his back
Damn. Kenyon was a great Bearcat. So was Bob Huggins. You are the loser.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:52 PM   #158
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Screw that dude.

I just went and read. What a piece of shit. The way he chided you because he had nothing to reply with. He was for real mad and all you did was state facts. I really haven't liked him for years, such a terrible attitude. Really went ultra sour on him after the Jeremy Lin debacle. His bio should say, Kenyon Martin, butt hurt shit talker.
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:53 PM   #159
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Damn. Kenyon was a great Bearcat. So was Bob Huggins. You are the loser.
Yea Huggins was great, until his ass sent our program to the pits of hell for years until Cronin brought it back the right way.
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:57 PM   #160
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayers View Post
I just went and read. What a piece of shit. The way he chided you because he had nothing to reply with. He was for real mad and all you did was state facts. I really haven't liked him for years, such a terrible attitude. Really went ultra sour on him after the Jeremy Lin debacle. His bio should say, Kenyon Martin, butt hurt shit talker.

Yea Jeremy Lin punked him so good
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote