Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 01-17-2011, 06:21 PM   #11
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:46 PM   #12
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
This kid can hit pretty good.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #13
swg
Epic Member

Strengths

- Great frame for a strong safety. Some worry he’ll outgrow it and have to develop into an OLB but he should be fine.
- Big hitter, big hitter, big hitter. He’s an identity type player in the secondary who can drop the hammer with intimidating hits and takes solid angles.
- Smart kid (near 4.0 GPA) who plays the same way. Diagnoses and reads well and reacts quickly.
- Good form tackler, wraps up well. Anytime you have a young secondary recruit who already knows how to form tackle you’re a step ahead of the game.

Weaknesses

- Initial burst leaves something to be desired but that can partially be contributed to his next weakness of….
- Getting up too high in his stance, which makes it harder to a) get burst, and b) form quick short chops in footwork.

You have to really like Bam’s instincts and that speaks well of his future success at the next level. A safety with that size and instincts, a sound tackler who is comfortable in both the run and pass is going to be a big time recruit. Should be a prospect that can come in and player earlier than later. The weaknesses we see are nothing that can’t be corrected with solid coaching and a willing learner, which Bradley is. A very well-balanced safety with a big hitting persona, Bam is expected to be a major recruit who makes an early impact in college, at worst on special teams as a freshman.

http://www.theringer.com/Article/New...Bam%22-Bradley
Old 01-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #14
swg
Epic Member

Michigan St offers.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:14 AM   #15
swg
Epic Member

ScoutingOhio
Bam Bradley
February 7, 2011, 10:24 am - Receives an offer from Bowling Green
TROTWOOD-MADISON HIGH SCHOOL - Class of 2012
Old 02-07-2011, 07:15 PM   #16
Little Danny

Little Danny will become famous soon enough
Pitt commit Nicholas Grigsby is his brother. Hope that does not hurt our changes with the guy.
Little Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:29 AM   #17
swg
Epic Member

Illinois offers.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #18
swg
Epic Member

Two Ohio prospects received Big Ten scholarship offers on Tuesday.

Dayton (Ohio) Trotwood-Madison safety Bam Bradley confirmed with 247Sports that he picked up his fourth scholarship offer from Illinois.

The 6-foot-1, 185-pound Bradley also has full-rides from Kentucky, Michigan State and Northwestern.

Besides his offers, Bradley is hearing from the likes of Miami, Missouri, Ohio State and Tennessee.

Two Ohio prospects received Big Ten scholarship offers on Tuesday.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:32 PM   #19
swg
Epic Member

Penn State and Colorado have offered.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #20
swg
Epic Member

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110...%80%99-Bradley

Quote:
As suggestive nicknames go, few prospects in the 2012 class have an alias more fitting than George "Bam" Bradley. The Trotwood (Ohio) Madison safety has a well-earned reputation as one of the Buckeye State's most ferocious hitters. He makes it a point to live up to that rep every time he steps onto the football field.

"When you watch me you see somebody that can fill the alley," Bradley said confidently. "You see somebody that will hit, real hard. You see somebody that you know is going to challenge the ball. If the ball is in the air, I'm going to be somewhere around."

Heading into last year that intimidating style of play had some pundits trumpeting the 6-2, 200-pounder as possibly the top player in Ohio's loaded 2012 class. An injury-shortened junior campaign muted much of that buzz, but he is still regarded as one of the state's best.

"Bradley has great physical size with above-average speed and a hitter's mentality," said Dave Berk, SpartanDigest.com editor and Scout.com Ohio analyst. "Right now I would place him in Ohio's Top 25 overall and as the No. 2 safety prospect in the state.

"He's a big, physical kid that can play in the box and be an extra linebacker, but he can also drop into coverage," added Allen Trieu, Scout.com Midwest regional manager. "He's a very sure tackler that can bring the lumber. I think his size and abilities give him a chance to play a few different roles in a variety of defenses. I think he could be a strong safety in some systems, a rover in others, and maybe even a WILL linebacker for some schools."

Those programs proposing a future at linebacker may need to adjust their strategy. Scout.com's No. 27 safety prospect isn't shy about voicing his preference.

"I hear from a lot of people that a school can recruit you at safety and then put you at linebacker," Bradley said. "Safety is what I want to play in college. That will give those schools that are saying that a big edge. I'm not looking to be recruited as a safety and then a week into being at school being put at linebacker."

Fortunately for him, many of his 15 offers are at the position of his choosing. One such opportunity happens to exist in East Lansing.

"Bradley is a big target for Michigan State," Berk said. "He would fit in well with their defensive scheme and it's one of the programs where he could stay at safety."

The Spartans are in good standing with Bradley because of a past family relationship. His cousin, Greg Moore, was a running back for Mark Dantonio at Cincinnati. In addition, Bradley's mother speaks very highly of Dantonio and his staff.

The family connection doesn't stop there. The Spartans further acquainted themselves with Bradley & Co. during their recruitment of the youngster's brother, Nicholas Grigsby, last season.

"I thought 'Freezer' (Grigsby) was going to go (to Michigan State)," Bradley said. "It would have been a real good (situation). I'm familiar with their style and my mom knows that Mark Dantonio is real serious about his players and their school work. Michigan State has a real good (situation) for me." The Spartans clearly have a lot going for them, but Bradley has yet to name them or any other suitor his favorite. However, it does appear that any team hoping to land his services will have to contend with Pitt.

"Pittsburgh really stands out for me because my brother (Grigsby) is going there," Bradley said. "That would be cool go play football with him again. That is basically what is standing out — their academics and they signed my brother."
As formidable as that combination is, the three-star prospect insists he has no favorite at the moment and that a college future alongside his brother is not a foregone conclusion.

"We always said when I first came to high school that we were going to go to the same college, but now that it is coming closer, it is not a definite thing," Bradley said. "It would be nice, but it is not a definite thing that I'm going to go to Pittsburgh. They want me up there and he would like me to come up there with him, but it is not definite because I've got my own life to live."

That desire to find his own way is causing Bradley to look thoroughly at all his options. He has a keen understanding of how to evaluate programs and coaches after observing Grigsby's process last year, and that of his other brother (NBA prospect and former Dayton standout Chris Wright) four years ago.

"Basically, just the school that fits me the best," Bradley said in describing his criteria. "I just really want the school that feels the best to me and gives me the best opportunity to play and get better. Obviously, I'm not going to school to play linebacker, so the school that is going to leave me at safety (is key). That is probably going to be the biggest thing next to academics — what school is going to help me get to the best level that I can get to."

With other options such as Northwestern, Notre Dame, Virginia, Georgia Tech and Stanford still to explore, Bradley is in no hurry to arrive at a decision.

"I'm definitely sure it won't be before the season because I'll only be able to check out a few places before the season," he said. "Probably midway through the season I'll have narrowed it down to a few schools, and then probably by the end of the season I'll have made some officials and will be able to make my decision. I'm definitely not going to rush it because I feel like the offers are just now starting to roll in. It is a process that I want to enjoy."