Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: How many regular season wins for the Bearcats this year?
30-31 10 26.32%
28-29 12 31.58%
26-27 13 34.21%
24-25 3 7.89%
23 or fewer 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2017, 12:00 PM   #61
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
If we lose at Temple I won't be a happy camper. They suck, as always.

Yeah it's really tough to predict every game. I thought we'd lose at X and at UCLA before the season started, with AAC losses being at Wichita State and one other random one. At this rate, at SMU looks to be every bit as hard as Wichita State. So many variables in college sports that are impossible to account for so far ahead of time.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 02:02 PM   #62
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
If we lose at Temple I won't be a happy camper. They suck, as always.

Yeah it's really tough to predict every game. I thought we'd lose at X and at UCLA before the season started, with AAC losses being at Wichita State and one other random one. At this rate, at SMU looks to be every bit as hard as Wichita State. So many variables in college sports that are impossible to account for so far ahead of time.
I would not be at all shocked to see a 3 loss team win the AAC outright
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 02:14 PM   #63
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
I would not be at all shocked to see a 3 loss team win the AAC outright
Yah 2 losses wins it. 3 either wins or ties more than likely.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 12:24 PM   #64
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I love that your stalking my posts as if I’m the enemy of the Bearcats. You got me pinned as negative poster. The reality is I’ve been disappointed with scheduling and disappointed with how we played against Xavier and Florida. That’s it.

I mean I predicted we’d have 2 losses In non conference and we did. Winning on the road in this conference won’t be a cake walk like last year. UCF held smu to 56 points in there own gym and they don’t have bj Taylor back. Smu has a home court record just as good as ours. Houston is going to be really tough. Wichita state rarely loses in Koch arena, and we never play well @temple. Tell me where I’m off base?

Winning on the road against good teams is really ******* hard.

I mean, are you going to predict that we only take 2 losses? I’ll gkadly hope your right, but I’m a realist. I want to protect home court, and steal a few road wins
Actually I came here to look for cincyguy13 predictions, don't flatter yourself. However when I did see your first post, I got a good chuckle.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 01:10 PM   #65
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Actually I came here to look for cincyguy13 predictions, don't flatter yourself. However when I did see your first post, I got a good chuckle.
Dude you predicted going 3-1 in our 4 game stretch. I predicted 2-2. I dunno what’s to chuckle about except you being wrong already. Add In that you said we get a 2-3... we’d have to go undefeated the rest of the way to get that.

Your an optimist and I’m a realist. I mean we’re a good team but the conference is full of good defenses that travel. My prediction was not even in the slightest bit at all negative. Running through any conference is hard, but especially so with the improvements of Houston, UCF, WSU, Tulane and even UConn Is much improved
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 01:22 PM   #66
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Dude you predicted going 3-1 in our 4 game stretch. I predicted 2-2. I dunno what’s to chuckle about except you being wrong already. Add In that you said we get a 2-3... we’d have to go undefeated the rest of the way to get that.

Your an optimist and I’m a realist. I mean we’re a good team but the conference is full of good defenses that travel. My prediction was not even in the slightest bit at all negative. Running through any conference is hard, but especially so with the improvements of Houston, UCF, WSU, Tulane and even UConn Is much improved
7 losses, realist
4 losses optimist.
Guess we will see who's the realist in the end.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:57 PM   #67
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
7 losses, realist
4 losses optimist.
Guess we will see who's the realist in the end.
Kenpom predicts 25-6

And he has us as the 12th best team in the country. I’m not off base.

Do I hope we do better then that? Sure. But from what I’ve seen, our on court performance isn’t better then last year. And competition is much better.

I will gladly be wrong and hope we run through the conference
Old 12-30-2017, 04:12 PM   #68
justinhub2003
Epic Member

On another note;

Would anybody have ever guessed that UC’s Offense would be rated worse than last years offense and that our defense would be rated better?

If anything we all would have predicted the opposite.

Last year uc’s offense finished at 34th and this year we’re at 47th with only 4 games against good teams.

We are playing a full 2 seconds faster on offense (a huge job to be honest) however we haven’t learned how to be efficient at that speed. Our offense this season is better every nearly every way except one crucial one: TO%.

If we can get our TO% closer to 16% we will have a very good and most likely top 25 offense
Old 12-30-2017, 04:20 PM   #69
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
On another note;

Would anybody have ever guessed that UC’s Offense would be rated worse than last years offense and that our defense would be rated better?

If anything we all would have predicted the opposite.

Last year uc’s offense finished at 34th and this year we’re at 47th with only 4 games against good teams.

We are playing a full 2 seconds faster on offense (a huge job to be honest) however we haven’t learned how to be efficient at that speed. Our offense this season is better every nearly every way except one crucial one: TO%.

If we can get our TO% closer to 16% we will have a very good and most likely top 25 offense

its really just the turnovers. we are shooting better from 2 and 3. offensive rebounding % is up too.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 04:36 PM   #70
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
I know it's been mentioned a bit but does anyone think that the fact we are really playing our home schedule on a neutral floor has anything to do with some of our shooting struggles?
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote