Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2018, 03:43 PM   #131
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
This reminds me a lot of Sean Kilpatrick after his junior year we all thought he was going pro and he stayed
Good point.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:52 PM   #132
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
I think Evans leaving is a 50/50 chance I just hope if he does go pro he decides soon so we can try to replace him
before he started struggling, i would have said he was gone for sure but now I think it is like you said, 50/50. If he could come back and play like he did that 1st half, and get his shot back, he could really improve his stock i think. A lot will depend on what he hears for the workouts.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:50 PM   #133
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Not a chance Evans is going pro this year.
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:49 PM   #134
Defense first

Defense first is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
Not a chance Evans is going pro this year.
Your right, unless it's in Europe
Defense first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:35 PM   #135
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense first View Post
Your right, unless it's in Europe
Agreed, love the dude but I just don't see it.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:39 PM   #136
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I'm gonna be pissed if we don't get a shooter. Moore hasn't proven a thing. And even if he does better next year, we will still need more shooters. This is a must imo.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:18 PM   #137
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
The only time we won this year when allowing 75 was when we played Savannah State in the first game.

Xavier, Wichita, and Nevada all beat us.

The answer to this can't possibly be "well we can't give up 75". Bc that's not realistic. So what happens when a good team hits 75? We are just sunk? We can't dance that dance? So how do we fix that? I mean, we are pretty good at trying ways to not fix it. Or acting like nothing needs fixing. But this is glaring. Some teams have dudes who can make shots. It's crazy. But it's true. So how do we beat those teams? Rebounding, defense, toughness? Doesn't work against everyone. Ok so then what?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:30 PM   #138
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I'm gonna be pissed if we don't get a shooter. Moore hasn't proven a thing. And even if he does better next year, we will still need more shooters. This is a must imo.
I think Moore improves on his freshman %. However, Cumberland has had 2 years and was a high volume 3FG shooter this year and he's a career 34.5% 3FG shooter. Not good. And if Evans returns, he regressed to 37% this year. So UC really doesn't have a pure shooter who is capable of 7-9 3's on any given night. And if Williams, Scott and Brooks see significant minutes next year....well ...it could be ugly from deep. Which is a lond winded way of saying I agree---need a shooter!

Last edited by indydoug; 03-20-2018 at 03:32 PM.
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:00 AM   #139
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
Agreed, love the dude but I just don't see it.
watch the 1st half of the Nevada game and you will see it. Most the these teams draft guys on what they will become not what they are now. He is a junior but he his game is still developing.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:03 AM   #140
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indydoug View Post
I think Moore improves on his freshman %. However, Cumberland has had 2 years and was a high volume 3FG shooter this year and he's a career 34.5% 3FG shooter. Not good. And if Evans returns, he regressed to 37% this year. So UC really doesn't have a pure shooter who is capable of 7-9 3's on any given night. And if Williams, Scott and Brooks see significant minutes next year....well ...it could be ugly from deep. Which is a lond winded way of saying I agree---need a shooter!
i just want some guys that make an open 3 the majority of the time. a couple guys that if you see them take an open shot, you think its going in. Evans is that sometimes but thats about the only one we have had since SK