Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be outcome of the Georgia State game?
UC wins by 20+ 10 25.64%
UC wins by 10-19 23 58.97%
UC wins by 1-9 5 12.82%
Georgia State wins 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2018, 09:46 PM   #91
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
One thing that concerns me is: Mick joked about watching film of georgia state and then getting worried sick about them. He was joking but I do believe thats his approach in a lot of big games and his worry translates to their players. They then are worried about losing.

I watched some pre game interviewers with GSU players and coaches, and they are as confident as I've ever seen a 15 seed. Hunter all but promised a win, his best player said he was going to add to the list of 15 seeds that beat 2 seeds and their other players were uber confident.

I maybe thinking too much into it but this kinda uneasiness in our players is why we might start games so tight. Whereas other teams build an underdog uber confident mentality.

I've convinced my self this game is going to be close, I just the guys come out and make me feel like an idiot for not believing in them enough
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:53 PM   #92
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
One thing that concerns me is: Mick joked about watching film of georgia state and then getting worried sick about them. He was joking but I do believe thats his approach in a lot of big games and his worry translates to their players. They then are worried about losing.

I watched some pre game interviewers with GSU players and coaches, and they are as confident as I've ever seen a 15 seed. Hunter all but promised a win, his best player said he was going to add to the list of 15 seeds that beat 2 seeds and their other players were uber confident.

I maybe thinking too much into it but this kinda uneasiness in our players is why we might start games so tight. Whereas other teams build an underdog uber confident mentality.

I've convinced my self this game is going to be close, I just the guys come out and make me feel like an idiot for not believing in them enough
I have good news. Your mental instability has nothing to do with the outcome of UC basketball games.
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:55 PM   #93
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Lol c'mon man. GSU can say whatever they want bc if they lose by 30 no one cares.

They have no way of preparing for us.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:22 PM   #94
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This. Too much time for you to over think it man. They're a 15 seed fora reason. We're a 2 seed for a reason and it sure as hell isn't because our name is Duke, Georgetown, or Michigan State.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:33 PM   #95
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
This. Too much time for you to over think it man. They're a 15 seed fora reason. We're a 2 seed for a reason and it sure as hell isn't because our name is Duke, Georgetown, or Michigan State.

only thing ill nitpick is they aren't really a 15 seed for a reason. they are probably more of a 13 seed.

but the rest of what you wrote here is right on.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:21 PM   #96
Zdiddy513

Zdiddy513 is on a distinguished road
I'm really not too worried. They are close in kenpom to Memphis and Tulsa. We may have underestimated them but a talent disparity that wide usually prevails over 40 minutes.
Zdiddy513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:22 PM   #97
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I think this is like your 4th or 5th one thing that concerns you lol. Our team is not scared of Georgia State, I mean come on man, we finished the season off with a huge road win to seal our conference title, and then turned around and won another huge game against a VERY hot team to win our tournament. You really think now we are all afraid of GA State? I don't care how hyped up they are, we are twice as good at every position.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 12:25 AM   #98
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
I think this is like your 4th or 5th one thing that concerns you lol. Our team is not scared of Georgia State, I mean come on man, we finished the season off with a huge road win to seal our conference title, and then turned around and won another huge game against a VERY hot team to win our tournament. You really think now we are all afraid of GA State? I don't care how hyped up they are, we are twice as good at every position.
I never said UC was going to lose or UC was scared.

But I think it can be a fairly close game with the way they shoot the ball. And with the way we’ve shot the ball.

Do I think we’re better? Absolutely and it’s not close. It’s just if you watch as much basketball as I do, you’ll always be a little worried with 1. A team who has a killer and 2. A team who has multiple high volume 40% shooters.

I’m not predicting a UC loss by any means. But I did think it was interesting the way Hunter gets his team ready for games. And it was mostly wondering how mick gets his guys amped for games. Because it’s been said ( and not by me) that a lot of times uc players play scared to make a mistake sometimes.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 06:55 AM   #99
spinal070508

spinal070508 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBearcat3 View Post
There are Xavier Billboards around Nashville, almost got sick driving to and from work today.
One of the girls I went to high school with went to X and her family owns a billboard company.
spinal070508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:10 AM   #100
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinal070508 View Post
One of the girls I went to high school with went to X and her family owns a billboard company.
We need to put them out of business.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote