Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be outcome of the Georgia State game?
UC wins by 20+ 10 25.64%
UC wins by 10-19 23 58.97%
UC wins by 1-9 5 12.82%
Georgia State wins 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2018, 11:53 AM   #81
Helicopter

Helicopter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
My #1 concern in this tourney is Jacob Evans shooting.

Over his last 11 games he is 14-50 from 3 (28%) and his overall season average from 3 is down to 37%, it was well above 40 for most of the year.

Something isn't right with him. Either he's hurt, he isn't confident or his form is broken, but its in his head.

I want him shooting all week long to prepare. He need to get right. We cannot go to the sweet 16 hitting 13 3's in a 3 game span.
You know I saw a LOT of 3's go halfway down in Orlando. If he's off it's not by much; could just be tired legs. Now his FT shooting...
Helicopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:08 PM   #82
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
They matched us up with 3 very high level 3 point shooting teams. All of our potential matchups are near 40% from 3.

We can negate some of their shooting, but teams like Nevada have tall athletic shooters who can shoot over top of the defense.

We need to shoot well to win in the tourney.

I think Evans will get it together, or at minimum Cumberland, who loves big games.
He's been really coming on lately. His passing is SUPERB but he also knows when to take a good shot or when he has to get aggressive. He can guard just about anyone other than a super quick guard. Sometimes he does a better job defensively on a post player than Kyle does. He knows how to not give ground and he gets his hands in there. Kyle can give up points in a number of different ways but he's okay at manning the block. We can't get Kyle too far out there or he will get burned.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:03 PM   #83
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicopter View Post
You know I saw a LOT of 3's go halfway down in Orlando. If he's off it's not by much; could just be tired legs. Now his FT shooting...
I saw some very ugly 3’s from Jake too tho.

That said, I loved his mindset to start the Houston game, which was to find other areas to score besides the 3 point line. He got us going early.

I truly feel that mick could find a way to shut down any team in the country even elite offensive teams; but certain teams it takes longer for us to figure out. We flipped the script on Wichita state.

But this is an offensive tournament and we need to shoot like we’re capable of
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:05 PM   #84
Defense first

Defense first is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicopter View Post
My guess is it's 1 percent physical, 99 percent mental. His free throws were atrocious, a couple barely hit the left side of the rim. Don't think just shoot. As for Georgia State,I watched some film and they have the one player who can get his shot and about two or three others that can shoot while standing still. We will have a great size and strength advantage, play defense like we did in second half of Houston and they will have little chance of anything, much less beating us. I think the seniors and Cronin know this is our chance and our time to make some noise. Shake off nerves early and do what UC does best, WIN..... Pound them on inside with Gary and Kyle.

Last edited by Defense first; 03-13-2018 at 01:09 PM.
Defense first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:33 PM   #85
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Don't get yourself too worked up Justin. Long stretch between games can make you over think a lot. They are nowhere near our level. Our defense will stifle them. Obviously they haven't played a team with our intensity all season. There only game against a top 100 defense all season was against Montana, (65th), which they Did win by 4. But still, this game will be over early.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:14 PM   #86
Zdiddy513

Zdiddy513 is on a distinguished road
Who was mick talking about has been dealing with a pinkie injury? He mentioned someone has in the press conference after the Houston game but didn't say who.
Zdiddy513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:16 PM   #87
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zdiddy513 View Post
Who was mick talking about has been dealing with a pinkie injury? He mentioned someone has in the press conference after the Houston game but didn't say who.
I thought it was Evans.

And actually I thought it was someone else with a finger thing too.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:17 PM   #88
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I thought it was Evans.

And actually I thought it was someone else with a finger thing too.
Evans and Washington
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:28 PM   #89
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Don't get yourself too worked up Justin. Long stretch between games can make you over think a lot. They are nowhere near our level. Our defense will stifle them. Obviously they haven't played a team with our intensity all season. There only game against a top 100 defense all season was against Montana, (65th), which they Did win by 4. But still, this game will be over early.
Im not overly concerned, but i hope our guys quickly put away how happy they were with winning the AAC tourney and get back to being focused.

On the bright side, were pretty used to being the hunted by now. We've gotten everyones best shot all year.

On another note, I also just saw that Devin Mitchell had a 39 point game this year that included 10 3's.

He will be a lot like Armoni Brooks or Corey Davis Jr. Just can't get them get wide open.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:48 PM   #90
TNBearcat3

TNBearcat3 is on a distinguished road
There are Xavier Billboards around Nashville, almost got sick driving to and from work today.
TNBearcat3 is offline   Reply With Quote