Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 02-13-2014, 04:45 PM   #11
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
We have osu and miami(Florida ) in ooc, but no marquee home game, especially with the much larger off campus paul brown being home next we could use a big time home game. Really wish we played central fl and also wish they could finish nippert in time for next season. Either way 60k Paul brown is to big they should close they top section and make it into a 40k stadium, similar to nippert, and would create more noise
With the progress they've made in the last two months, I'm almost surprised they won't be done by August. Then again, its easier to tear down than to build.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:23 PM   #12
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
With the progress they've made in the last two months, I'm almost surprised they won't be done by August. Then again, its easier to tear down than to build.
I'm not a construction expert, but I don't really understand why it will take two years to build the new structures. They can build skyscrapers in less time. I have a bad feeling that attendance will be embarrassingly low next year at Paul Brown and like the previous poster said with it being a 67,000 seat stadium, even 30,000 will look empty. They already are throwing in a bunch of incentives for those that renew their season tickets for next year. No reason to do that unless they anticipate a drop-off in ticket sales. Personally I am not looking forward to making the trek to Paul Brown next year, but I will support my team.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:53 PM   #13
Scheids21
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
I'm not a construction expert, but I don't really understand why it will take two years to build the new structures. They can build skyscrapers in less time. I have a bad feeling that attendance will be embarrassingly low next year at Paul Brown and like the previous poster said with it being a 67,000 seat stadium, even 30,000 will look empty. They already are throwing in a bunch of incentives for those that renew their season tickets for next year. No reason to do that unless they anticipate a drop-off in ticket sales. Personally I am not looking forward to making the trek to Paul Brown next year, but I will support my team.
Attendance will definitely be down, and they know this. Playing at PBS causes a UC game to lose its luster, especially when the games are ECU, USF, Miami, Toledo, Houston, and Memphis. The only hope is the product on the field will be successful and we won't lose too much momentum when we head back to renovated Nippert in 2015.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:55 PM   #14
Scheids21
Epic Member

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/uc/2014/...f-in-football/

Above is an article Groeschen wrote today that basically says the schedules for 2014 were set when the league formed in July 2013. It makes more sense than "the league is just stupid" assuming its true.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:27 PM   #15
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

Quote:
Attendance will definitely be down, and they know this. Playing at PBS causes a UC game to lose its luster, especially when the games are ECU, USF, Miami, Toledo, Houston, and Memphis. The only hope is the product on the field will be successful and we won't lose too much momentum when we head back to renovated Nippert in 2015.
I guess we'll have the real answer as to all the fans who clamored a few years ago how much bettter Paul Brown was than Nippert and they wish all games were down there for the fan amenities.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:32 PM   #16
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

Quote:
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/uc/2014/...f-in-football/

Above is an article Groeschen wrote today that basically says the schedules for 2014 were set when the league formed in July 2013. It makes more sense than "the league is just stupid" assuming its true.
I still don't buy it. I won't pretend making a schedule is easy but this couldn't have been an oversight. One of their reasons was it was hard not to have two teams not play in the same city two years in a row. Well, having us play a team we didn't play at all last year will help that out. If this schedule was signed off before last year then why was it not announced then? I think the fact that they have to backtrack and explain themselves means they are guilty of something.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:36 PM   #17
Scheids21
Epic Member

Quote:
I still don't buy it. I won't pretend making a schedule is easy but this couldn't have been an oversight. One of their reasons was it was hard not to have two teams not play in the same city two years in a row. Well, having us play a team we didn't play at all last year will help that out. If this schedule was signed off before last year then why was it not announced then? I think the fact that they have to backtrack and explain themselves means they are guilty of something.
Agreed David. Either way, it just would've been one game against a borderline top 25 team. Unless it was at home, it wouldn't have done much good anyway. Hopefully the team can gel and take care of the hand we've been dealt.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:13 AM   #18
LaxCat31

LaxCat31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
When it comes to season ticket sales for 2014, it all comes down to the 2015 season. Basically what the ticket office is saying is that if you want your seats and priority points you have to renew your tickets for the season at Paul Brown, and that right their is why people will renew their season tickets.
LaxCat31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:45 PM   #19
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxCat31 View Post
When it comes to season ticket sales for 2014, it all comes down to the 2015 season. Basically what the ticket office is saying is that if you want your seats and priority points you have to renew your tickets for the season at Paul Brown, and that right their is why people will renew their season tickets.
I get that, but in my mind why wouldn't fans want to renew their tickets next year for Paul Brown? I want to watch my Bearcats play. I'd rather it be at Nippert, but I support the team, not the stadium. It's for one year, not ideal but I can deal with a year of going downtown. But, isn't the general consensus that Paul Brown is a nicer venue? Weren't the fans saying that a few years back? How many people want us to move basketball and football down there for one reason or another. We heard all the excuses in the past and now that reality is bringing us a season downtown all of a sudden they don't expect to sell tickets? Reality always hits hard for people who make excuses. I would venture to guess a similar thing would happen if we announced playing at US Bank for a year or more.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:13 PM   #20
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Why in the world does UC have two byes to start the season? IVE never heard or seen a team have that. Isn't the purpose of bye's is to get a much needed break? It makes zero senses.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote