Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2016 Recruiting Profiles

Old 03-17-2016, 08:36 AM   #31
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
This is just my opinion and a total assumption but, Simpson > Jennifer when it's all said and done. I would love to be wrong.
I will be shocked if we don't bring in another PG either this year or next to replace Troy after he graduates. JJ will be the back up. Are you still up for MIO's tomorrow? We can also do Oakley if you prefer that?
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:40 AM   #32
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

BearcatSpaniard513 is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't write off Jenifer too soon. He may surprise you next year. He's got great vision and quickness. He just needs to understand what he can get away with at this level and what he can't. I'm excited to see him develop.
BearcatSpaniard513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:44 AM   #33
Doogle

Doogle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatSpaniard513 View Post
I wouldn't write off Jenifer too soon. He may surprise you next year. He's got great vision and quickness. He just needs to understand what he can get away with at this level and what he can't. I'm excited to see him develop.
Yeah I'm disappointed at what I see as a complete writing off of this kid by some based on limited playing time in his freshman year. PG is a tough position to play and everyone develops at a different pace. Some guys adapt quicker but may have lower ceilings. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Justin figures things out and contributes in a big way next season and beyond.
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:49 AM   #34
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatSpaniard513 View Post
He will be backing up TC again next year. That means unless we are involved in blow outs he'll get 10 minutes or less a game. I always root for players to do well and JJ is no exception. If he is able to earn the spot and provide consistent playmaking ability fine but I still bring in another high talent PG. We have a very nice older class here in 2018. I want a proven quality PG to handle the rock with that group. If JJ turns out to be that guy fine but he will have to earn it from a highly sought after recruit.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:53 AM   #35
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogle View Post
Yeah I'm disappointed at what I see as a complete writing off of this kid by some based on limited playing time in his freshman year. PG is a tough position to play and everyone develops at a different pace. Some guys adapt quicker but may have lower ceilings. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Justin figures things out and contributes in a big way next season and beyond.
I couldn't be happier if he turns into the player to lead the team. Personally don't see it but I'm not a expert either. My point was I'm not waiting around to see if he does with the players I have here in 2018. if he is the best option on the team to run the PG the better for us.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:52 AM   #36
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
The two sides talked a couple times. They did show interest, but with Troy as the starting PG and Jenifer signed and enrolled at that point there wasn't a fit from either side. Even if UC went after Simpson full blast, he wasn't coming here. Once that was decided, both moved on...
Thanks Chad. Ottey and Bowman would be a nice way to finish this class. We really need some help in the backcourt.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 11:03 AM   #37
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Thanks Chad. Ottey and Bowman would be a nice way to finish this class. We really need some help in the backcourt.
Agreed.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:34 PM   #38
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Committed to michigan
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:16 PM   #39
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road