Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2016, 06:32 PM   #61
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
I think if Evans works as hard as SK then he will play in the NBA. The problem is not many players work as hard as SK did.
True dat.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:04 PM   #62
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
We're going to play uptempo next year. We're going to win post season games next year. We're going to see an uptick in recruiting next year. We're going to be a force next year! If only next year ever came....
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:48 PM   #63
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
We're going to play uptempo next year. We're going to win post season games next year. We're going to see an uptick in recruiting next year. We're going to be a force next year! If only next year ever came....
You're not going to trash the program in your next post...
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:12 PM   #64
TrillCosby

TrillCosby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
You're not going to trash the program in your next post...
haha
TrillCosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:20 AM   #65
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
No argument from me on this stuff. It just seems like we always look at the future on paper and assume it'll be way better. That's been happening for a long time. I even remember back in the day before I ever posted on this site that people were thinking Final 4 the year Cashmere Wright came back from his injury. The unknown always sounds so good. The "in 2 years we'll be loaded" topic is very common for UC fans these days. Much easier to take bc it can't be proven wrong. I worry we're doing that again when discussing the supporting cast around Evans (assuming we see the highest ceiling for Evans).
So what do you suggest we do about it? We're just fans. We can't go out there and recruit for the school. We can't make them any better. Do I think this year's squad has a decent shot at the sweet sixteen, or even elite eight? Yes, I do. I see a ton of talent from the top 6 or so. Is that my final prediction? Nope. I'd predict an 8 seed and a first round loss. It's a safe bet. You're allowed to see potential in things, though. I sure hope the Bengals can win a playoff game this year, and certainly think they're capable of that, but my legitimate guess is 11-5 with another 1st round loss. Again, it's a safe bet. But, I know they're capable of more. It's my motivation to watch my teams day in and day out. It's not like anyone here lives in a fairytale would where we're predicting all kinds of irrational guesses.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:35 AM   #66
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Since some in the thread were discussing SK I thought I would post this here. If any mod wants to move it feel free. A poster on another site found it.

Very nice read.

http://nothinbutnets.com/2016/08/20/...brooklyn-nets/
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:43 AM   #67
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

What I would like to see out of Jacob is improve his overall game. He displayed proficiency in his overall game. he just needs to keep building on a very solid base. I don't see a lot of weaknesses in his game. I expect a very nice season from him.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:51 AM   #68
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Since some in the thread were discussing SK I thought I would post this here. If any mod wants to move it feel free. A poster on another site found it.

Very nice read.

http://nothinbutnets.com/2016/08/20/...brooklyn-nets/
It's fine. But we do have a Former Bearcats thread for future reference.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:53 AM   #69
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
It's fine. But we do have a Former Bearcats thread for future reference.
Thanks jake. I'll remember that for the future.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:04 AM   #70
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Thanks jake. I'll remember that for the future.
Crazy that SK basically had to redshirt bc of Stephenson. And after 5 years in college and almost 2 years in the D-League, SK has a guaranteed contract in the NBA, and Stephenson is still unsigned (sounds like he's going to the Knicks for the veteran minimum though).