Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2015, 01:28 PM   #1
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
AAC Football

So in the latest ap poll just released the AAC has three teams ranked in the top 25. Temple #22, houston#21, and Memphis #18.
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:37 PM   #2
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...feldman-102215

Most Pleasant Surprises
2. The AAC: Temple, Memphis and Houston are all undefeated and each has a good win against a Power 5 opponent on its resume. All three teams are in the Top 25 and have coaches seen as rising stars primed to possibly make big jumps to Power 5 jobs. Three years ago, these three teams were a combined 13-22 and all three had losing records.

^For years we've complained about the level of play in our league...now that the league is getting some respect, we're nowhere to be found. Really disappointing.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:51 PM   #3
bearcat8290

bearcat8290 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...feldman-102215

Most Pleasant Surprises
2. The AAC: Temple, Memphis and Houston are all undefeated and each has a good win against a Power 5 opponent on its resume. All three teams are in the Top 25 and have coaches seen as rising stars primed to possibly make big jumps to Power 5 jobs. Three years ago, these three teams were a combined 13-22 and all three had losing records.

^For years we've complained about the level of play in our league...now that the league is getting some respect, we're nowhere to be found. Really disappointing.
I don't think Houston, Temple success makes them overnight power 5 teams ahead of us. However, we need to keep our good standing. At the same time, I think the league as arrived. The problem is you and I are the only ones thinking in that manner.
bearcat8290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 07:22 PM   #4
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Would we go 3-7 at best if we played every team in the Big 12?

2-3 at this point in the AAC is embarrassing.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:46 PM   #5
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Would we go 3-7 at best if we played every team in the Big 12?

2-3 at this point in the AAC is embarrassing.
Jacob, its so sad. I was a student from 2004-2009. The highest point of UC football. I went to the orange and sugar bowl. I share your frustration with our football program. We have come so far and I feel we have lost all/any momentum. When we are an after thought in the American, time to make changes.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:17 PM   #6
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Took UC fans nearly 3 years to realize what I saw in 2 weeks. It's alright, when you are a visionary like myself you have to let the people catch up.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:30 AM   #7
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Jacob, its so sad. I was a student from 2004-2009. The highest point of UC football. I went to the orange and sugar bowl. I share your frustration with our football program. We have come so far and I feel we have lost all/any momentum. When we are an after thought in the American, time to make changes.
I was close to posting a super hot take about getting rid of Tuberville, but then I realized that I just don't care anymore. And that's worse than being upset. I completely agree that being an after thought in the American isn't acceptable. I refuse to silently sit back and let that become the new normal. This coach does less with more. No way anyone can dispute that.
Old 11-08-2015, 01:47 PM   #8
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
I was close to posting a super hot take about getting rid of Tuberville, but then I realized that I just don't care anymore. And that's worse than being upset. I completely agree that being an after thought in the American isn't acceptable. I refuse to silently sit back and let that become the new normal. This coach does less with more. No way anyone can dispute that.
You're definitely right about getting to the point of not caring. It's easy to just dismiss the glaring issues with this coaching staff. UC has worked too hard to get where we were just to have a few coaches piss it all away.

There really isn't a good reason to keep TT and company. If the only reason we are keeping him is because it will just set the program back even more, then we are in more trouble than I thought. If anyone has a valid point to keep TT, I would love to hear it.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:53 PM   #9
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Great week for the AAC. 4 teams in the new Tip 25. Getting some good pub.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:31 PM   #10
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

I was a little disappointed listening to the Championship Drive podcast from yesterday. At the beginning of the show they talked a lot about the AAC. They were saying it is hands down the #6 conference these days. Then they went on to talk about how great the coaches are...they mentioned Herman (Houston), Rhule (Temple), Niumatalolo (Navy), Fuente (just left Memphis), Odom (Mizzou D-coordinator people thought was going to Memphis), Taggart (South Florida), and Frost (uCF). Finally they moved on 8 minutes into the show and not 1 person said the name Tuberville or Cincinnati. Pretty depressing.