Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: Whose offseason development is the most critical for 18-19?
Jacob Evans 2 4.76%
Jarron Cumberland 2 4.76%
Cane Broome 7 16.67%
Justin Jenifer 0 0%
Tre Scott 11 26.19%
Nysier Brooks 4 9.52%
Eliel Nsoseme 0 0%
Mamoudou Diarra 5 11.90%
Trevor Moore 2 4.76%
Keith Williams 8 19.05%
Logan Johnson 1 2.38%
LaQuill Hardnett 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2018, 12:33 PM   #131
BearcatsNE

BearcatsNE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I think it'll be more like Cumberland 17 and Broome 13. I'm not confident in that number for Broome though. Unless the magical SR tag next to his name makes Cronin like him now.
I’m just not sure how much Cronin likes Cane or that Cane completely trust Cronin to be successful. And saying that why would any transfer come in after witnessing how the other 2 was treated. I’m praying it works itself out. They need to be on the same path towards great year. But it starts now, and not a day later.
BearcatsNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:39 PM   #132
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I don't think we will be much/any faster next year. Cumberland will be the guy. We will need heavy minutes from him. He will even play de facto PG at times. Cronin won't want to run him into the ground. Any time Cumberland is on the bench, we are going to be in big trouble.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:57 PM   #133
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think it'll be more like Cumberland 17 and Broome 13. I'm not confident in that number for Broome though. Unless the magical SR tag next to his name makes Cronin like him now.
I just got on here to bring this up. I don't think there is any way Cumberland averages less than 15 next year. I would think we use him a lot more with the ball in his hands, I could totally see him 17-5-5 next season. And wouldn't be surprised at all to see him closer to 20ppg than 15.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:59 PM   #134
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't think we will be much/any faster next year. Cumberland will be the guy. We will need heavy minutes from him. He will even play de facto PG at times. Cronin won't want to run him into the ground. Any time Cumberland is on the bench, we are going to be in big trouble.
Idk if I'd say we would be in big trouble. Besides he has proven he can play 40 minutes already, another year of conditioning it'll be even easier. I am guessing in close games he doesn't see the bench more than 5-6 minutes if that. But I still thing our back up wings will improve this year. Moore needs to work on his consistency and really the same can be said for williams. They've both shown some flashes.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote